Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Good question. I’m not sure. I never checked the Lego catalog to determine whether all these parts are available in those colors. All those part molds definitely exist as official parts though.

3 Likes

@ToaJaton, wait, those are Megabloks? I’ve never seen those, interesting. When are they from? Also, @Eilrach, here’s some pictures of the masks (I never realized how hard it was to photograph chrome).

6 Likes

Yo those are fricking wicked! Might need to pick me up some

1 Like

Yeah, it was the Mega Bloks Kapow line.

Also I’m just now realizing that they took the helmet mold specifically from that blue one, and painted it chrome with some bits of yellow at the top part of the horns.

Also, yeah, it actually doesn’t look too bad on a CCBS body…

1 Like

On the topic of bootlegs, does anyone know where to find/buy them? Or at least what search terms to use on eBay? I have tried “Bionicle bootleg”, but I’m not getting many results.

I am looking to paint some Metru feet and Whenua drills for a MOC, but I don’t want to take away from the limited supply of existing pieces. Does anyone know of a specific bootleg set I could find these pieces in?

2 Likes

Aliexpress should get you good results.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll find older sets like that in bootleg. The makers of bootleg items are trying to cash in what’s hot/popular now. Bionicle is basically a retro toy at this point.

Your best bet is bricklink.com. You buy can any part you want for pennies, literally. Buy extra so that if you mess up the paint you won’t be upset.

Here’s that drill piece for 5 cents:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=40340&idColor=11#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"nmp":1,"loc":"US","iconly":0}

I think his point was that he’s not comfortable with modifying official parts

2 Likes

I’m kinda tempted to pick this us just for the custom mine ball joint peices

7 Likes

Nice find! :+1: Those pieces could be game changers for mech builders.

1 Like

We all know those bootlegs, so weird and interesting, like Bionicle from some alternative dimension.

I tried to find as much of them as i could, some are from Brickshelf Galleries, some from Russian internet shops and forums and few are from bootleg thread here on TTV

Search конструктор последний воин to look for it yourself

Fire Drake and Sea Star/Doomsday
Fire Drake Art
sea-star001

(from Best Of LEGO Bootlegs - #534 by Crusader
)
They even had combiner model

High Energy and Revolving Star
High Energy Art
Revolving Star Art

They too had one

Those four bootlegs were probably most common with Sea Star being the most popular one.

Mr Zero or Sakron

Lizard
Green One Art

(from set identification - What dark green and lime BIONICLE do I have? - Bricks
)

Video with better view

Sevarius

Video with better view

This one looks so cheap, like a bad combiner model.

Super Wind Wheel

Pinhead or Rondel

Spider time

Aracius

Creepy Crawler

(from Masters of Disaster is a good name because this is... - A Bionicle Sideblog
)

Verbis

Pterius

■■■■■■■

Galvatek

Different build?

Virtul

Different mask?

Blade

Krekka and Nidhiki knockoffs

(from VFL.Ru — надёжный и быстрый фотохостинг с 2009 года )

Infernus

Makuta bootleg

Worse version

That is all that i found, most of these images were found here:

Brickshelf Gallery - Fake sets that are mine. ( most names were found in this gallery, yes also ■■■■■■■)

If you have better pictures or images of new bootlegs from this series post it so we can look on these interdimensional invaders.

BONUS STAGE
Either this is true form of that Krekka bootleg or this abomination is a MOC build only from those bootleg parts

15 Likes

WOW. I thought there were only ~5 sets. I actually have the Super Wind Wheel (though he is in a bad condition). Also, when I was younger, I thought that High Energy and Revolving Star are Baterra. Some of those are actually pretty cool, aside from the socket quality. But some are just ugly.

2 Likes

well, looking up your magic words made me find (i think) one heck of a deal. from what i picked up, these seem like pretty good prices. i wish i lived in russia. honestly, all of the cheap bionicles on bricklink are from there, too!

1 Like

You do not know what you are talking about.

I always thought those partcular guys were worldwide. So there aren’t there many bootlegs in America and Europe?

1 Like

Found this on aliexpress.

10 Likes

Wow, you hit the jackpot in your searches. I had no idea there were that many of them. Some of those parts look great. I wish there was a way to obtain them. Lol like a bricklink for Masters of Disaster.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: On eBay Today… Like Right Now!

Toad Roodaka

Stormer gone bad

Ussal Nivawk

Lady Keetongu???

4 Likes

I found quite the treasure on AliExpress last night. Black pin-axles! And white too.

Link

45 cents for 10 of them, plus a buck fifty for shipping. I once paid $20 for 8 of these on bricklink.

1 Like

Why not paint official Lego blue pin-axles into black or white or whatever?
Or are those actual Lego?