Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

I hope to live near one of those cheap, dollar store, bootleg rich store someday so that I can get some pieces in new colors a or interesting shapes. The sad thing is that even those stores I visited never had bonkle ripoffs

“With Toa Power, comes great responsibility.”
– Lhikan Parker

What sort of laughably unfortunate mishap in translation/marketing made “Inferior” the biggest word on the box? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh well, at least they’re not trying to scam you. What you see is what you get. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Funny because I got 2 legit Bionicle sets off of Ebay

I’ve got a couple more of these to share

Car combiner

Dino combiner

10 Likes

I feel like you have more bootleg lego than actual lego because of this topic.

3 Likes

Hahaha not really. I have at least 300 orders into bricklink over the years. They only sell official parts on there.

1 Like

Yeah I know, I might get some more Evo helmets today because I don’t want to have to decapitate every Cordax whenever I want to make a new one.

1 Like

How’s the parts forming on these things? I can’t tell it’s it’s like Kreo or minimal like moving the wheels around

Here’s a bootleg Thanos figure I bought a few years ago (I’m not entirely sure how long ago it was, actually):

In all honesty, I just bought this figure for the chrome-gold Infinity Gauntlet (even though I already had an real Lego Infinity Gauntlet, as well as all six Infinity Stones).

The plastic’s quality was… well, exactly what you’d expect from a bootleg, but his printing is significantly better than most other knock-offs I’ve bought, since he still actually has his printing after a few years (the same can’t be said about a Dr. Wu knock-off I bought… most of his printing is gone).

Here’s the Gauntlet. What’s strange is how the outside is chrome gold, though the underside has silver printing (I don’t know what happened to the picture I took of that…).

Finally, here’s a comparison with my real Thanos figure. The thing that probably bothers me the most about the bootleg is that his face isn’t exactly centered, but at least it’s close enough…

4 Likes

my local dollar tree sells these light brick sets that come with transparent 2 long technic axles (sorry for blurry pic)

13 Likes

Those axles look delicious.

3 Likes

I found these at a Five Below near my college:

(This isn’t my photo, I only bought the red and yellow ones, and the boxes are still at school.)

I bought them almost entirely for the chrome masks, hoping they would fit on G2 heads. They, regrettably, do not. However, they fit quite nicely on Brain Attack ones. I didn’t bring any other parts home withe over break, so I can’t say anything for compatibility with real Lego, but the parts in the sets for nicely together, and don’t feel brittle at all. I’d say they’re worth five bucks each. Also, the prints are very nice.

3 Likes

They have masks? Do you think you could take a picture of them?

1 Like

Two more sets to post today. Both of these are fantastic. The articulation and stability of the builds are top of the line.

11 Likes

Where can I find these?

1 Like

I gotchu fam

Red guy

Blue guy

I think I’m going to get these 2 sets next:

The 4 of these together are only $40

9 Likes

according to hero factory lore core hunter was a hero that went rouge so maybe you could headcanon that as his original form?

2 Likes

How much of these are replicable in real lego?

1 Like

My, those look awfully familiar…

5 Likes

How could anyone dare to bootleg the grand Mega Bloks theme that is Blok Bots so soon after they brought it back??

3 Likes