Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

judging by what I’ve heard from some people and my own firsthand experience with 3D printing, they’re surprisingly difficult to get right.

2 Likes

where can i find instructions for those combiners

I was at a mall earlier today that had a kiosk with a bunch of bootleg minifigures. So, I decided to buy a few of them:

Darth Nihilus is a pretty obvious bootleg, but I must say I’m impressed with Fifth Brother and Reva. While I can tell that they’re still knockoffs, their print quality is actually pretty good. Even the plastic is decent, for once.

And, honestly, compared to the actual Reva minifigure that lacked leg printing (as well as arm printing, but that’s still pretty rare on minifigures anyway):

The bootleg is actually kind of better.

8 Likes

Send a copy of those to LEGO and tell them to make these the official designs.

5 Likes

Hello,

Does anyone know if this Iron Man bootleg figure comes with the CCBS helmet piece that is pictured?

It’s a strange looking figure but if the helmet is included I could make a pretty cool Iron Man out of its pieces.

Here’s a link to the listing: 8.02€ 20% OFF|Neue Disney Avengers Thanos, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider Man, Captain America, Arzt Seltsame, geburtstag geschenke für kinder|Sperren| - AliExpress

4 Likes

No idea. I’ve seen that figure advertised a lot, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen the helmet. It seems to be a separately photographed (and notably, not computer-generated) image that’s just been pasted into the main stock photo.

On one hand, it’s very clearly an addition to the main photo and as such could be not included, but on the other hand, why would you go through the trouble of adding it in the first place if it isn’t included?

Whatever the case, the piece itself is a simple recolour of the existing constraction Iron Man head in dark red rather than standard Red, so if you’re interested in making an Iron Man moc, you could just order the original piece off Bricklink.

7 Likes

I’m mainly interested in the piece being dark red. This way it’ll also immediately go with the pieces of the bootleg.

2 Likes

looking at the official piece, it seems to be a fair bit darker red than the vibrant pearl gold print lego uses on the original. there’s only one way to know for certain, though.

2 Likes

Which is buying the bootleg I suppose. However it is a bit of a risk as another bootleg that definitely comes with the dark red helmet is not available anymore (at least I think). This is the one with the dark red helmet:

3 Likes

credit: burnet

13 Likes

that certainly looks like a siamese transformer to me

9 Likes

its is a very intelligent toy

10 Likes

Earth Factory.

We build Earth Toa

11 Likes

it actually is surprisingly good quality

3 Likes

Wasn’t the yellow RoboRider also called Power? It’s come full circle

3 Likes

So it appears the Iron Man that I ordered does not come with the helmet and stand even though the product image showed that it would. I got a partial refund.

However, according to a user review, this particular listing of Iron Man does come with the helmet: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004873233360.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.320661d7ESjd9I&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

5 Likes

They fight those dastardly toa Villains of Stone!

3 Likes

At first, I read that as, “Please insert intelligence.”

8 Likes

Yep the Iron Man from the last listing that I posted does come with the dark red helmet. I have a lot more of the Marvel and Bionicle ones from aliexpress so maybe I’ll do some mini-reviews here.

5 Likes

All the way from Siam

Shaking the parts around, looks like 2.0 helmets with an axle similar to a glatorian helmet. 9 bucks a pop though so no experimenting for me

14 Likes