Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

So it’s just 76013 without the steamroller?

GJ Famous Heroes Assemble. You just took the best part of that set and made it ten times more bland.

11 Likes

“One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn’t belong…” :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Marvel Bootleg: Heroes Assemble
DC Bootleg: Famous Heroes Assemble

I smell bias here.

8 Likes

To be perfectly honest?

I kinda like some of the translucent ones…

2 Likes

Those look amazing, and it looks like most of these parts actually exist.

1 Like

Remeber those oversimplified. Bionicle knockoffs with no bionicle pieces arbitrarily labeled glatorian skrall and protectors

well here they are in the plastic the cheap illegally produced plastic

11 Likes

This just reached whole new levels of bootleg.

5 Likes

Tbh, I kinda want that stormer helmet, at least I think that’s what it’s supposed to be, the terrible moulding is kinda cool.

what have they done to you?

13 Likes

If Stormer was a ghoul from fallout.
LOL

1 Like

they look like they are melting.

3 Likes

They probably were. The plastic didn’t have any time to cool.

2 Likes

or maybe the plastic is of so bad quality that its breaking up imideatly after you have taken them out of the box.

1 Like

Here are my stance on Bootleg Lego:

I grew up in China. My first contact with Lego wasn’t with Lego brick but the BRICK brand. All of you can say “oh it’s cheap, bad quality nananana…” but it’s not the same world over there.

I didn’t gave a slight attention to quality when I was a child. I was just happy that I got some “Lego bricks” to play with. Plus, I got a lots of other toys (Mix of bootleg and real stuff.) The fact is bootleg toys cost 20-30 bucks and the real thing cost about 3 times as much. When I look at it, I would say it’s dumb to spend that much when everyday you could get a new toy for 1 or 2 bucks.

The toy market over at China is another world. Here you only see stores like toys R US. In China, you got “Toy streets”. Streets that have loads and loads of stores with toys. The ones who are going there are most grandparents buying some toys to satisfy their grandsons and granddaughters. Grandparents over there aren’t the most educate people and don’t know how to tell the difference between whether its bootleg or not. Even if they can tell, would they fking spend 100$ or so on some Lego set? No. They won’t. If the kids like it, it’s affordable and it’s fun, f the brand and the price tag.

Plus, you have loads of other toys in China. Battery powered racing cars with racing tracks in the malls. Combining megazords. Pew pew guns. Beyblades. Little electronic game machines. Etc… New toys and concept are coming out everyday like fresh cakes. Not like America where you have toy seasons.

That’s my 2 cents on bootleg Lego. You want to hate on me go ahead but that’s how it is in China. We don’t buy toys from expensive malls, we buy our stuff from “Toy streets” or “Toy mall”

If you want the legit thing for a fair price (unlike those commercial malls who double the pricing on toys.", you gotta dig around.

7 Likes

Somewhere, Hahli Mahri is crying…

5 Likes

Oh, we totally understand why bootlegs exist. This topic is a celebration of what they have to offer, whether it be silly, or surprisingly cool. Quite often in this topic someone posts a bootleg that we wish was real. Other times, we post things that are tragically bad. It’s our way of enjoying the silliness in the world.

9 Likes

Notice on the Lloyd one it says “rong” on the side. That just about sums it up.
@Whaddon At least Kylo’s safe from vampires.
@Rockho, Must be Clutch Powers’s brother.
@ToaTikisaurus @MakutaTexxidos technically, the Trinity Toyz sets aren’t boot legs. They don’t copy designs or licenses of official Lego sets, and lego no longer owns the copyright to the lego brick.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bootleg Toys

I have come to revive this topic from the dead

12 Likes

Oh, mega bloks. I’m glad they’ve improved.

1 Like