Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

The bootlegs are trying to be original while also clearly copying lego CCBS…I find it amusing. But oh well, if they dont make completely same sets as the ones like LEGO but create semi-MOC like sets, then thats how the counter the copyright…wonder if LEGO still holds rights to CCBS parts.

8 Likes

As expected

1 Like

Okay…
How the heck… do they master being a knockoff on CCBS whilst also looking MUCH better than the human Star-Wars constraction?
No, seriously. Even if the plastic quality isn’t the greatest… you gotta give those guys credit for making their CCBS knockoffs actually look appealing.

8 Likes

Still, something bugs me about them. The faces are okay but on each one, the shoulders are at the same level as the head.

1 Like

Again, this should also bother you with Legos own lego made characters, they suck with proportions, no necks is just one of them.

1 Like

YO! Nothing special it’s 2016 yellow brainstalk

8 Likes

tell me more
Wärter V2.5

11 Likes

it’s ksz brand,it’s on every uniters from ksz

3 Likes

I know, right? I’m legitimately thinking of picking up that one with the red-to-gunmetal Protector mask. Looks better than the entire final wave of G2.

So, a court of law in Europe ruled that TLG can’t copyright individual part designs or piece functions, and this really p%ssed them off. To counter that, the company is super aggressive with everything else that they are allowed to trademark, including distinctive character names (e.g., Tahu, Garmadon, and Laval), and brand divisions (e.g., LEGO Boost, LEGO Life, LEGO Technic, and CCBS). Thus, the name "CCBS " is trademarked. Zero CCBS pieces are. That’s how these bootleg companies are allowed to continue to do business.

-Azani

6 Likes

So what they are doing is completely legal so long as they dont make complete copies of the sets with the exact names. Hey as long as we get new pieces, new prints, and new colored old pieces, Im down with this.

5 Likes

Well, they can’t make exact copies of the sets, either; a bootleg set using every single piece from a certain TLG set, assuming that nothing is added, is also illegal. But yeah, the individual molds are all fair game.

7 Likes

These are so good that I feel like one or two of the designers of these were actual Lego designers (perhaps the Bionicle team who were fired after Bionicle was cancelled?) The original prints look exceptional

Also how the heck can you manage to stuff the uniter piece in there just for the sake of filling in the tiny crotch area?

EDIT: Here’s some more

Best re-use of that Stormer helmet. Also Hulk has a completely green skeleton

11 Likes

So it wasnt just photoshop, it was actually a yellow brainstalk.

Got fired after Bionicle got cancelled, now they make bootlegs against LEGO. I find that a poetic possible outcome.

Not only that but the friction extenders can be seen on the image to be in many more colors than just dark bluish grey. Remove the heads and the resto of the sets are amazing., they give more needed recolors than LEGO has ever attempted.

6 Likes

it is indeed, I have 4 different uniter brainstalk;
-Trans-Dark Red
-Trans-Neon Red
-Trans-Blue
-Trans-Yellow

4 Likes

I could honestly use all 4 of those for my sets that have those colors.

1 Like

Call me when you get a trans-neon red G2 headpiece. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll call it neon red, most of you probably call it neon orange

oh wait you are talking about the head itself

1 Like

I´ve searched for some bootlegs and found an interesting thing.

I think I found this for months as an moc on Flickr.

Maybe I buy an Death Trooper, Ekimu and Umarak from ksz. The feedback and the pictures look good. If I buy them I`ll upload a comparison from the bootleg and the real lego Death Trooper.

15 Likes

the quality is good, except for the pauldron

1 Like

The thing is, the Umbaran MHC is a moc that this bootleg company has stolen from some guy and are trying to pass it off as their own thing. Bootleg brands are despicable.

6 Likes