Best Science Fiction Movies Of All TIme

Not to sway anyone’s opinion, but along with Star Wars and 2001 I personally love Space Balls, which is technically science fiction.

3 Likes

Ghostbusters.

3 Likes

A few that nobody’s mentioned yet:

Dark City: Kind of like The Matrix if it were a film noir. It’s not as allegorical and doesn’t cover as many topics, but what it does, it does exceptionally well.

The Truman Show: Yet another movie about a guy whose life is a lie. But in this one, it’s not a computer simulation, but an insane reality TV show.

Forbidden Planet: The inspiration for Star Trek. Based on The Tempest, it takes an interesting look into the parts of the human psyche that we often like to ignore.

Back To the Future: Best comedy ever made.

Galaxy Quest: A loving spoof of Star Trek that stands as an excellent movie in its own right.

The Prestige: Arguably Christopher Nolan’s best movie, this is a thrilling tale about an escalating rivalry.

Serenity: The conclusion to Firefly, this movie has a strong message about the dangers of a government that gets too powerful.

7 Likes

No one had mentioned Back to the Future yet?

That one is good. My dad has all three on Blu-Ray. Also, when DesignbyMe was still delivering, I made the DeLorean and bought it for my dad.

5 Likes

This is one of the hardest qestions I’ve ever benn asked. I don’t have one single favorite, but I have a top 3:

1. Aliens
  2. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
3 Likes

The exact reason why I started this topic, I love science fiction so much, like everyone else here on this topic.

1 Like

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

An improvement upon the already masterful Phantom Menace, Episode II has even more memorable characters and an even better plot. My favorite part has to be the romance subplot. Never have I heard such realistic dialogue! Anakin’s descent into darkness is portrayed smoothly and makes you believe that this could really be the grown up version of the young Anakin from Episode I (another great performance BTW). I loved the designs of the aliens. They were original and actually felt alien! Anakin and Obi-Wan show a clear camaraderie. They had better banter than Joss Whedon could come up with.

My one criticism has to be a lack of Jar Jar.

8 Likes