Bio-Cup 2021!

The Bio-Cup for this year has begun!
Official Flickr Group page for the largest community-organized Constraction contest   1- The Contest - This is a LEGO Constraction tournament. LEGO System parts (that

10 Likes

where?
i must… wait, no, i’m not good enough.
plus you probably need to be invited or something idk how this works

4 Likes

You just have to make an account and join the group, it’s pretty easy.

2 Likes

Darn you beat me to promoting it here!
Now how will I go in the raffle to get 2nd tier Bionicle collectables

3 Likes

you gonna enter?

3 Likes

Yeah probably.

2 Likes

I’m with @GoodGuy2006 on this one, I’m definitely not even close to good enough to even be noticed.

2 Likes

What are the themes? Have they been revealed yet?

1 Like

I lack two three four things to do this

• time
  • pieces
  • skill
  • willingness to get a flickr account
8 Likes

1-3 are definitely big ones for me.

4 Likes

That describes my situation as well; especially the last three…

3 Likes

Perhaps not yet, but it’s a start to get noticed. Not noticed now, but enough time and participation and you might just grow an audience. And can always serve as further practice and learning to stretch your skills. The competitive mindset is good, but to do so only for the prize is unhealthy.

If the themes inspire you, if it gets you to want to build something, even if you don’t enter, go for it. Or if not and you don’t want to, then don’t. I skipped out on the last one since nothing spoke to me. I await to see what this one will be before I decide if I can dedicate some time.

8 Likes

hmm…
now this is a good idea

1 Like

Yeah, I made an account around this time last year and look where I’m now:

35 followers!

5 Likes

Exactly. I got like 50 new followers or something like that after participating in Bio-Cup, so it did help a lot in boosting my popularity as a MOCist.

2 Likes

I used to like the contest in its original format in 2011-2014, but now I’m not so sure. I feel it caters a little too heavily towards the 50/50 constraction/system sculpture style the judges are known for. The themes do not favor me either, as I’m not used to building based on real life.

I might check what the qualifier theme is, but I’m skeptical.

6 Likes

Im brand new to this, is there a theme we have to follow?

1 Like

ye
i think a bunch of people submit stuff, but only a few get through, and it’s an elimination thing

4 Likes

The preliminary round hasn’t started yet, but when it does, there’ll be a theme.

3 Likes

I mean, Constraction MOCing has evolved a lot over the past few years, it only feels natural that people would make Constraction-System hybrid MOCs more often.

3 Likes