Bio-Cup!

It was. And I’ve built some MOCs for each Herofebruary. So at least I have something in from this year.

5 Likes

Man this time of year is terrible for me to be doing bionicle stuff. I like to travel in the summer and the way Biocup is structured it’s probably going to force me to have to dropout. Same thing happened last year. But it is still fun to enter prelims regardless.

3 Likes

Now to just speedrun the rest of my build this weekend, get photos in, and hope for the best. :space_invader:

4 Likes

Literally haven’t even started a build yet, idk what has sapped my motivation this year, but I just cannot muster anything. Sad as I love space and can think of several ideas, but most are a stretch for my skills or require parts I don’t have lol.

5 Likes

It’s looking like I’ll have to wait for next year’s cup :<
but on the bright side I found future NPU in my basement

6 Likes

:anguished:

is there anyway I can help? :pleading_face:

5 Likes

:pleading_face:
Be here in one hour and bring your whole collection
And a camera because my phone is on its deathbed :gregf:

7 Likes

please unlock your basement window I can’t get in

6 Likes

Did manage to make an entry after all?

2 Likes

Yes I did! But it was quite a small build and as it’s winter here I haven’t had many good opportunities for natural light photoshoots. (So, I’m worried it won’t make the cut)

Lonely Robot

7 Likes

can someone explain to me how this works and if I have enough time?

4 Likes

Unfortunately the preliminary round has already ended
You can still enter next year though!

3 Likes

that’s two years in a row I’ve missed it…

4 Likes

But also, you can still build a MOC inspired by the preliminary round prompt. It was space and this is the year of Lego Space after all. You can still build something if it strikes you or as practice for next year. Same with all the other prompts in future rounds.

Sure, you’re not in the running right now, but it doesn’t have to stop you if you still want to build.

3 Likes

so I can build something but not enter

3 Likes

Correct. Deadline has passed for entering, but nothing is stopping from building, if you so choose. The hosts of Bio-Cup even encourage people who didn’t make it in time, or didn’t pass into the next round, to do the same.

And you can also still participate in the event in other ways. There’s the Discord server you can join to watch or join in the conversations. You can see plenty of critiques there on other MOCs to help give you an idea for your future entries, etc.

4 Likes

I guess I’m going to space out until next year…

4 Likes

I’m pretty stumped for “energy: sound” my only thoughts are soundwave…or Hatsune Miku…

But I think I need to stop trying to adapt an existing idea and instead just build a dude or whatever-that is inspired by the vibe of the prompt.

6 Likes

if you do decide to do that, can I have the instuctions for it? Ive always wanted to give my self moc some anime feachers

maybe try free the band or something?

3 Likes

The correct answer is to build Siren Head. :stuck_out_tongue:

If the build is supposed to show the generation of the energy type or make one think of it, my mind goes to subwoofers and their exaggerated bouncy vibrations. Or whales, showing some sonar waves washing off of them.

4 Likes