Bioman's combiner challenge - you request it, I build it!

Hey everyone, here’s something fun!

User @Xing1870, who hasn’t been active for some time, made a very interesting thread in 2016. In that thread, users could request sets that OP would then build a combiner with. Since I really like that idea and enjoy building combiners, I decided to copy take some inspiration and do something similar!

How it works
It’s quite simple: below you’ll find a list of all my Bionicle (and other constraction) sets. You can request 2 to 4 sets each, then I will try to use those set’s parts to build a combiner model! Here’s the rules:

• Only pick sets from the list.
  • Pick 2 to 4 sets for me to combine.
  • When you’ve made a request, I will add you onto my to-be-built list. I will build everyone’s requests in the order that they’ve been asked.
  • Everyone can have multiple requests! After you’ve made a request, please wait until I’ve built it. Then you can suggest another combo!
  • If somebody has already picked a set that you wanted to request, don’t hesitate to pick it anyways! I won’t build the combiners at the same time, I’ll do it one-by-one after each other. This allows me to use the same set for multiple combos.
  • Be patient. I promise I’ll do everyone’s requests, but it might take a while. Please have patience.
  • Don’t have your expectations too high. I’ll definitely try my best at making a good and coherent model, but I can’t guarantee that you’ll like it.
  • After building, I’ll post your model in this thread. You can come up with name and lore!

Some additional rules to myself:

• Only use parts from the sets (duh).
  • Restore the sets to their original condition before doing the combo. I’ve made a few little modifications to several of my figures, but if you pick it for a combiner, I’ll change the model so its parts are the same as the original set.

While I do own some titans, I decided to not include them with this challenge for now.

Without further ado, here’s the collection of sets you can pick! Eventual missing pieces are noted in brackets.

Bionicle

2001:
Tahu (black feet)
Lewa
Onua
Pohatu (different mask)
black Fikou
maskless McToran character

Kohrak
Lewa Nuva (no mask)

Tahnok Kal
Gahlok Kal
Lerahk
Guurahk
Turahk

Lhikan
Zadakh
Bordakh
Rorzakh

Nokama
Boggarak
Kahgarak (from the Tower of Toa playset)

Nuparu
Hahli
Kongu (Metru head with different mask)

Hewkii (no Cordak blaster)

Tahu Stars
Gresh Stars
Skrall Stars
Takanuva Stars

Galidor

Nick Deluxe
Ooni

Knight’s Kingdom

Vladek

King Jayko
Kentis
Adric
Dracus
Karzon

Slizer

Fire
Granite

RoboRiders

Dust

Star Wars

Elite tie fighting pilot

That’s all! Now, give me some suggestions!

11 Likes

Aight I recommend

Ooni, Lhikan, Onua, ToT Kahgarak

6 Likes

Ooh, I should really do something like this
Maybe this could be a community thing? Like people make requests in this topic, and then anyone with those sets can make an attempt at a combiner? I think that could be really fun

I’ll be requesting a combination between all four of the 2006 Knight’s Kingdom canister figures

9 Likes

unless its after 2006… yeah I don’t want any sockets breaking.

I suggest nick bluetooth and karzon…

6 Likes

you should combine
2001 fikou spider, lewa 2001, and lewa nuva 2003

4 Likes

do I want to be that guy who suggests you combine a Galidor figure, Knight’s Kingdom figure, the Star Wars Tie Fighting Pilot, and a BIONICLE figure just to see how you try to make the systems work

I guess I do

4 Likes

@Wekua here it is, the first combiner! I had a hard time trying to make one big figure using all the pieces, so instead I decided to make a set consisting of multiple parts. I hope that’s ok.

I imagine this as a corrupted little dude trying to steal the most powerful golden mask, with a mighty dragon rider defending it.

The mask’s shrine:

Corrupted being on its vehicle:

The vehicle has a drill between its front legs.

The mighty dragon and its rider:

I tried using as many pieces as possible, there were only a few left over.

@Monopoly I like that idea! If anyone wants to attempt building other possible combinations for these requests, feel free to do so and post them here.

9 Likes

Haha dude I love it. They got Good Guy Bad Guy vibes

4 Likes

I would’ve expected a painfully rigid and spindly figure from that combination of sets, but these guys look surprisingly cohesive. Sure, they aren’t perfect by any stretch, but the mixing of all the different genres of pieces is pretty good from what I can see.

I suppose I could request something too…

Tahnok, Vladek, Fire, and Tahu '01 would be a nice combination, I would presume.

5 Likes

maskless McToran character
Nokama
King Jayko
Dust

this is a great topic

6 Likes

@Monopoly brace yourself for… Knight Kaita!

The strongest warrior to ever curse bless the kingdom of Morcia.

Over his left shoulder, he’s got a plate of spiky balls that can be dropped on the enemy.

He wields a futuristic laser-gun-sword-thingy…

and a random chain dangling off his arm. This is certified Hewkii cool.

Hope you like it, this was really challenging but fun to build!

10 Likes

This is better than I ever could’ve expected

4 Likes

@anime_athena How do I even describe this… I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

11 Likes

Wait this isnt the cursed topic

6 Likes

@Toan inspired by the 2001 Rahi (more specifically the Nui-Rama) comes this insect-like creature.

It holds 2 Kanohi on its back and has a double stinger.

6 Likes

Bioman is a combo model champion in my book

8 Likes

I now see the truly horrid potential in this and so I request fikou guurahk and Boggarak.

5 Likes

Haha that image is great! Thanks :grinning:

5 Likes

Lets throw a hat in the ring, why not
lets see jayko, nick bluetooth, bordakh and fikou
make central or important use of the fikous orange if you can

4 Likes

@wild_toa I’ll certainly do yours after the others, but I can’t make use of the Fikou’s orange - mine is entirely black.

I should’ve specified that I don’t have the actual orange Fikou polybag set, but rather one I made from my own parts (mostly my duplicate Onua). There were instructions in the July-August 2001 Lego Magazine.

7 Likes