Bionicle 2010: The Synergy that could have been

Maybe.

Regardless, no matter how popular the books might have been, I don’t see them affecting LEGO sales simply because of a common story beat.

1 Like

I never said that it would boost Bionicle’s sales.

Nah, but the topic post did.

1 Like

Well, I never said it would churn out massive profits, I’m more saying there could have been some very small effect. But yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize how little of an effect it would have had.

But could we all just admit this would have been a cool coincidence nonetheless?

4 Likes

Mata Nui is the Maze Runner

2 Likes

Definitely agree that Lego should have stepped up their marketing game back to the 2006/2007 level rather than cancelling Bionicle, especially with the soft reboot. You could watch TLR on its own and understand what’s was going on, and other content from the years before was still being published online. If I remember they had a whole three year story arc planned for 2009-2011, I wonder if it would have ended in 2011 if they just let it kept going normally

3 Likes

Exactly! That’s exactly what happened with me! Outside of the movies, the only story I ever experienced when Bionicle was alive was the commercials. I distinctly remember when I saw the Great Spirit Robot being awakened in TLR, my immediate reaction was, “Wow, guess a lot happened in 3 years.” That didn’t mean I felt left out or that I had to catch up with what happened, though. TLR, as bad as it was, did a fantastic job of drawing in fans, new and old, who didn’t follow the Ignition story.

1 Like