BIONICLE 2015 Age-range

Everyone knows the only purpose age restrictions on Lego sets serve is to keep us from choking on the small parts.

5 Likes

I still built Vezon and Fennrak when I was seven. XD

Anyways, though, I agree with Logan. BIONICLE’s set range has to do with complexity, not for attended audience. Shoot, I thought the 2006 titans where awesome as a 7-year-old.

As for BIONICLE’s story, I have a feeling it won’t be as complex as the generation 1 story, but the vibe will still be there. Besides, seeing some of the concept art for the animated mini-sodes, I have a feeling Lego will make this pretty awesome, not only to small children, but to teens and adults alike.

@CausticKrana This actually did not apply much in 2001, but they enforced it more later on. I remember in 2006 seeing a symbol showing a guy getting hit in the face with a ball, and it had a “0” on it to caution people not to shoot at face. The saftey procedures are simply there because Lego has to put it on there; Otherwise the toys will not be sold in the US (one of their biggest money-makers).

4 Likes

Mature content will come VERY SOON. At the NYCC Panel, the people working on Bionicle care about the old fans just as much as the new. So, I think they would have reasonable jokes, for us and the new fans, mature content that is not too far from its age range. Also, the animation we got was very serious, and we even got a reference to an old mask! Bionicle will run maturely, trust me.

3 Likes

we are getting books similar to the old ones
thats what we are getting

Yeah definitely got much darker.

SCREW THE AGE RANGE!

I BUY WHAT I WANT!

Also, this spoiler is here because the ‘body is invalid’

4 Likes

Well, if they do take it a darker route, the sets could become more complex and complicated along the way. As for the story, making it run in the same direction of Ignition back in 2007 as the line progresses may be just as suitable for the older fans. In other words, I want an important character death. Something like Matoro’s, or a violent end to the villain, with Aqua Magna freaking smashing into Teridax’s head.

1 Like

As the dad said in the Lego Movie: “That’s just a suggestion.”

Ever since I heard that, I have been using that as my excuse for buying Lego sets as a teen-ager.

5 Likes

None of the poll options fit my theory.

Much Later and Very Soon are way apart. Later and Soon would also be there. I’d guess Later but not Much Later.

Course as with pretty much any LEGO theme with a story I’ll find some way to make it crazy dark.

3 Likes

His name is “The Man Upstairs”
GAWSH! jk
I sort of forgot that the age suggestions existed till I saw this topic.

2 Likes

I say mostly that the cartoon like videos are for kids and the books are for as Matoro said for us but I belive that the true age range for Bionicle 2015 is from 6 to infinite years remember guys the age rate is a decoration.

1 Like

I hate it when I see the age-range. Makes me feel old.

1 Like

Thats only a suggestion
They have to put it on there

reference

5 Likes

That’s literally been my excuse when people ask me why I still buy Legos.

3 Likes