Bionicle 2015 Set Discussion topic

If Tahu had back lower leg armor he would be my favorite. (Seriously Lego! All you needed to do was attach those balljoint liftarms on the back and put two armor shells on. I don’t mind the bellbottoms at all, just the lack of back armor.)
So, Gali is my favorite of the new wave, just because she has the most solid, well armored build. Kopaka is tied with Tahu for second, but all he needed was a white instead of silver torso piece and less awkward lower legs. (I think they could have gotten away with only one balljoint liftarm)

PoJ is my favorite because he has full articulation, and a solid looking weapon. Also one of my favorite colorschemes. (Actually, the entire wave has stellar colorschemes.) PoE and PoS are tied for second because I’m still not completely sold on the trans-lime/brown. PoE because the weapons aren’t as good as some of the others.

As for the skull army, I can’t really pick a favorite… I like Grinder, Warrior and Basher. The weird orange isn’t so jarring as when I first saw it and the gappiness isn’t bothering me because of the whole decaying/zombie look. Probably getting Warrior first though.

4 Likes

Man, you don’t even have the sets. How can you pick your favorites?

2 Likes

You don’t know that…

2 Likes

Am I actually the only person who honestly likes new Miru? C’mon guys, it looks waaaaay better now!

2 Likes

It’s not one of my favourites but i wouldn’t say that it looks ugly.
It’s a pretty cool looking mask and it fits the figure very well.
Not very good for mocing imo,but for what it is,it’s pretty good.
Lewa seems to be the most bashed one in the new Bionicle for some reason.I also like the use of keetorange on him.And the sweet axes.My fav from this wave is Pohatu,closely followed by Tahu,Gali and Onua.No love for Kopaka ;(
That’s what you get for yelling “weeee” and slipping.

cough, cough

6 Likes

Just curious, how is Pohatu of all Toa your favorite? His design is the most basic and bare of the whole wave.

That’s why i like him.In my opinion,they don’t need to be super beefy and have lots of different colours on them (Onua,i’m looking at you buddy) and complex weapons (Galiii).They never did that before.Why should they do it now?
What made me fall in love with the Mata/Nuva was the fact that even if their torso looked complex and bio-mechanical,they still managed to look simple and cool.They had great masks,great color schemes that functioned perfectly,and simple but awesome weapons.That’s just my opinion.Also,i loved the new Kakama,his color scheme,weapons,and his new Batman personality is awesome.

3 Likes

In terms of color, I see where you’re coming from. I’m not a fan of all the gold splattered on the larger “titan” (using that word loosely) Toa, and Pohatu’s simple brown, silver, and (beautiful) trans yellow look good, though it bothered me how Pohatu didn’t get any extra shoulder armor to detract from the bare ball joints like every other Toa did. His mask is okay (I miss the angles of the original), and, though humorously over-sized, I do like the boomerangs. As for the new Batman personality…bleh.

1 Like

I wish the Toa didn’t have so much metallic armor and weapons. It makes them look like armored knight/warriors that have already been through years of battle, even though they just got on Okoto.

Just look a Kopaka. He’s all beefed up like he’s been lifting for ages.

My point is that with the original 01 Toa, we could at least believe that they were young and rookie-ish, since they were all generally thin, and didn’t have any metallic armor/weapons.

I wish that these Toa emulated that, so that we could see them grow as fighters as well as characters.

I would’ve liked that these Toa were just a wee bit less beefy, and had weapons that look “natural”, more fitting to their colour schemes, and not like they’ve taken the weapons from a blacksmith or something. ei. Onua’s claws actually looked like they were part of him, and Tahu’s sword looked like he was shooting fire from his hand.

2 Likes

Are those jumpers being used as feet? :open_mouth:

I would like them better if the Toa didn’t look like they had walked out of HF Brain Attack.

2 Likes

Exaaaaaaactly

1 Like

they just got to okoto, who said they have not been through years of battle already :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Because they don’t remember anything. Their impact landings on Okoto gave them mild concussions, thus resulting in memory loss.

Valid point though, it seems that Tahu does have some experience in battle, for he unconsciously beat up a few skull spiders with his skillz when he first got on Okoto

2 Likes

.-.

Why does everyone hate silver?

5 Likes

I saw a guy earlier saying “how do you have fun with the new sets,if you only got the toa and no protectors or Loss?”
That’s simple,my friend.Make them fight for Gali’s love.

5 Likes

I don’t hate it; I just don’t like it as well when it is used as a major color, and the elemental color is secondary (Mistika/ 2015 Pohatu).

I still like it, though; just not as well.

But aren’t they all siblings?

That’s BIONICLE shipping for ya. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes