BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Tahu: “So…”

Kopaka: “Not. One. Word.”

5 Likes

Ever since he slipped, Kopaka never skipped a leg day :wink:

4 Likes

what if this umarak isn’t supposed to put the mask of controll on but is only supposed to collect it for makuta

and then in the summer he gets cold feat and put it on and becomes umarak the destroyer.

3 Likes

I’m actually really on board with the idea of umarak being makutas servant/personal bodyguard/evil deer butler

3 Likes

I would’ve liked for Umarak to be an independent baddy where he just wants to take Okoto for himself.

Umarak might become the new main villain instead of Makuta being the main for the whole series. Or maybe Makuta and Ekimu might team up (Unity) to defeat Umarak the Destroyer if he stole wearing the MoCo for himself.

It would be cool if we had many more main villains with different objectives.

Also I don’t doubt there would be a combination model of all the beasts. Maybe they will make a new villain. I’m thinking to far with this stuff aren’t I?

Actually now that I think about it, what if the beasts have the ability to combine with Umarak. Each beast will have a different model when combined with Umarak. Im not saying that they will unite like the Toa, the beasts will disassemble and attach all of their parts onto Umarak or change him into something else. For example, if Umarak combines with a beast that resembles a dragon or winged beast, Umarak will become a winged beast with large wings and a long tail. He might come with gigantic claws as his weapons.

3 Likes

Quality Fanart #10?

2 Likes

Waaaaait…

Smaug the Destroyer + Umarak the Hunter =

Umarak the Destroyer

13 Likes

^^That picture of Umarak reminds me how much I hate the fact that his lower legs don’t have shells on the exposed balljoints…c’mon LEGO…two extra pieces isn’t that hard…

1 Like

I’ll ask again, just for confirmation, but…are the Bionicle 2016 sets slated for release on January 1st? Or later? Because we’ve heard nothing mentioned by LEGO about the sets still…and if they were to be released Jan. 1, shouldn’t they have revealed something by now?

I know that might maybe aggravate people…and I apologize for that…I’m just not as familiar with LEGO’s press release times, etc. as I am with sets in general.

1 Like

Like this?

All that is confirmed is that the Bionicle 2016 are to launch in January of 2016. Considering what happened last year, it should be January 1st (I’m just guessing though!).

It has to be January 1st. I can’t wait any longer than that. When was the bionicle for 2015 released? I can’t find a specific date for them it only says January 2015. If anyone can find the date of release for 2015 we can narrow it down for 2016.

2 Likes

In short, we have nothing.

However I do have a theory on why they were created: to give the Toa Nuva a weakness.

Allow me to elaborate. After their transformation the Toa are basically OP. They can share their now more powerful mask powers, their elemental powers are stronger, and their weapons are dual function instruments of descruction. Claws or Chainsaws?

As a result of their increased power, it’s very hard to write in any sort of suspense or danger. The Toa suffer from Superman Syndrome.

In a sense the Nuva Symbols are their Kyrptonite. A MacGuffin to give the Kal a fighting chance. Let’s be honest, as powerful as the Kal were in story there’s no way you could have convinced me that 6 small bug bots were able to stand a chance against the Nuva on their own.

So later when we got more physically imposing baddies the symbols were never mentioned again.

That being said I don’t know why the symbols are back. They could just be a mark, a homage, or they might even have a story reason. We won’t know until next year.

Edit: Annnnnnd the post is gone. Oh well.

2 Likes

Haha thanks for that. I was really just curious…and yeah, I noticed my post disappeared.

Mmmm…not sure how accurate that assumption would be. The age range is, after all, between 6 and 14 years.

4 Likes

Do you think that the Toa now have a big weakness besides their childishness? Think about it, G2 story is more for children under 8 (correct me if I’m wrong) so their isn’t that much of a complex reason on their weaknesses like the Nuva symbol stuff.

True, but so far the story seemed a bit to childish but not uninteresting, like LEGO wants a young audience to grow up with this series of Lego. So every year Lego brings out a new thing we become more interested in these things and buy them. Its like G1. Exactly the same, start slow, finish strong, even though the ending for G1 was almost a disappointment.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

4 Likes

Sort of related…

If there were even going to be “creature-combinations” I would prefer a combo model with online instructions

2 Likes

Yep, that is what I was thinking. He is an Eagle warrior now

4 Likes

Sorry guys, but I can’t make the fanart as of this moment :^( I’m currently opening my New Xbox. However I’m sure swagmeister can make a fanart equally as enjoyable (probably even more)! But I’ll give my version of it as soon as I’m done :wink:

4 Likes

Do you guys think we will ever get ‘Titan’ sets like the ones from G1?

1 Like