BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Gosh, I need new reviews and sets SO badly!

2 Likes

same here . . how much longer ??

hey i just got the protector badge

2 Likes

Before the end of the year.

I think.

2 Likes

Me no want reviews…me want the sets early! Joking aside, I wonder how effective the functions are gonna be in the “kanohi game” I mean if you used the 2015 function you could knock out the mask by hitting the eyestalk, but this function doesn’t seem like it can reach the back. It all might depend on how hard you move the gear to actually take out the mask by hitting (except for umarak cause he has the cheat blade with hooks)

Umarak 3op5me plz nerf

3 Likes

Umarak usez hax.

Anywho, I kinda hope that I can get into the sets without reviews, cause there are some reviewers that kinda cast a darker light on the sets. and have differing opinions.

3 Likes

Do you mean like this?

14 Likes

Umarak looks like he is on a starvation diet, he lost all his amazing muscles.

5 Likes

or maybe he is like the Skull Villains, but is a more “Fresher” corpse than the rest, as in his organs have not decaied yet.

3 Likes

Tbh I wouldn’t like him to be another skull villain. I like to think of that ribcage as bones from his prays turned into armor, and besides Umarak lacks the actual bone pieces, you could be right about him being in a fresher"" corpse, but personally I don’t want more spooky scary skeletons.

1 Like

I really don’t think Umarak is a “skull villain”. He simply doesn’t have that mechanical skeleton aesthetic that the other skull villains have. In fact, he has a very organic look about him. I stand by my belief that he’s based off of ancient depictions of the wendigo, and the ribcage piece is used to portray a “starved” look.

I mean, considering he’s a malicious deer humanoid that’s taller than the usual inhabitants on Okoto and the fact that he has a mouth on his chest which most likely symbolizes hunger and consumption not to mention the rib cage piece which conveys malnutrition and starvation… he fits the ancient depictions of the wendigo to a ‘T’ and then some.

3 Likes

oh my god

its happening

28 Likes

that comic in the instruction does confirm that Umarak have the MoCo in possession, and that he does not find it near the end of the winter wave or whatever that theory was.

2 Likes

Dang how’d they get that!?

1 Like

They’re Lego Ambassadors. They were sent early review copies.

10 Likes

Oh yeah! I had been expecting this. Happened last year too. <3

Edit: So Onua and Terak get those crystal shells with a clear translucent top. I thought it was an editing error on the box but, nope. Huh. should be a good piece for MOCists though considering how it doesn’t really have a color on the tip.

3 Likes

I was afraid that the huge Technic contraption on his back would look ugly, but it’s actually not too bad. Terak is definitely looking a lot better than I expected.

2 Likes

Nice to see they’re actually doing comics again.

Also, looks like they’re probably gonna update the Mask of Creation game and use the 2016 storyline…

5 Likes

These are going to be nice for my Self MOC! :smiley:

2 Likes

Those aren’t usually very accurate.

Wow, Terak is awesome!

4 Likes

Reviews? Huzzah! Can’t wait to read/watch it later.

Edit: Glad see Terak is as great as I thought he would be.

BTW dviddy has received Tahu and Ikir and given his first impression (Review coming soon).
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=2525
Most important info I think was on the swivel function: The torso bone does indeed have the turn-table section molded into the bottom, and the waist piece has the inner portion molded in. They connect together with a lot of friction, to the point where it’s hard to do the waist-swiveling function easily. It’s very tight. The pieces don’t pull apart easily, but they can be pried apart unlike the gatling guns from the Protectors."

9 Likes