BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Does anyone have a link to the Amazon Kindle version for Escape from the Underworld? I can’t seem to find it.

The lack of “small sets” in Hero Factory did bug me, the closest thing to civilian we ever got the was the pilot of the dropship.

Bionicle did try to create the world by having more citizen like characters such as the protectors, but that didn’t result in any better sales.

I would had preferred scrapping all the protectors expect Narmoto and making him available in some combo set with some big creature he can ride with
While dropping the toas’ prizes.

https://www.amazon.com/Escape-Underworld-LEGO-Bionicle-Chapter-ebook/dp/B018EVB6WM#nav-subnav

2 Likes

I don’t see why so many think that a price drop would benefit anyone. Want a $10 Toa? Put the Master/Uniter Masks on the Protectors, because that’s the best you’d get in that case. You’d lose out on the extreme diversity available in the current Toa sets. The HF hero sets often lacked back overage and often looked empty or incomplete. I loved them, but I don’t want to return to that lack of quality for hero sets.

7 Likes

There’s no need for them to be $10 it can be bit more to warrant a more finalized look.

Alright, What summer sets would you guys recommend?

1 Like

I’m going to sound generic by saying this, but…
UtDUtDUtD…
I explain why here:

2 Likes

@GK733 We literally have that in the $15 sets, which are only $5 more than the Protectors.

1 Like

Actually lewa has crystal armor add-ons which are asymmetrical, All the beasts masks are asymmetrical.
Every toa has those crystal armor add-ons which means every toa is assymetrical.

It may be small but it’s still asymmetry

Umarak pls dun double-post --Jogn

If we want to count every single thing both LoSS and Umarak TD use a black axle pin sideways on the center, Umarak on the neck and LoSS on the trigger.

There is asymmetry almost with every set on some level. Most just have it really minor.
What I did say earlier was just nitpicking for the fun of it.

Only sets I would count are Gali, Quake Beast and maybe Akida, The gray arm piece might warrant Onua and Ekimu as well.

3 Likes

Why Akadia?

It’s build is asymmetrical

2 Likes

Can anybody repost a picture of the card poard cut out with tahu and umarak? I swear this sword reminds of tahu’s but i cant find it haha

4 Likes

Yeah no, a good reason for having the small sets is so kids with less money can still get the sets (lowering the prices of the toa would NOT help) and each price point is like a different level, the protectors are simple and are very posable, the creatures are complicated but still somewhat easy to build for kids, the beasts and toa are a step up, and things like Umarak or LoSS are the more complicated things that a person with more experience building would like.

The line shouldn’t be made for kids to buy all the sets (thats for us collectors) its for the kids to pick out the few they like the most and get them.

And if we get rid of the small sets the line would feel much more hollow to older fans who love the sense of world G1 had.

1 We don’t know what the sales of G2 are compared to hero factory.
2 What would the small sets change? its a cheaper still good set for families who don’t want to drop more money on the $15 or $20 sets, plus the protectors gave us skull spiders each so kids already had a play scenario in the box and it gives them more value to kids that wanted to have a big skull spider army in a cheaper way than to buy the Toa.

1 a kid wouldn’t really know if a character appeared in the story
2 they are a large part of the first book
3 the average kid wouldn’t really care about the story
4 tell me which ones looks cooler, which one has more functionality or has a better weapon or has more personality

I think Izotor wins this by an avalanche… don’t kill me please.

4 Likes

There you go

11 Likes

I personally liked the 2006 format where the villains came out first and could wreck havoc in your bionicle world, until the heroes arrived

8 Likes

Yes. Honestly, I feel this format was the worst format. Not that it’s bad, but I would prefer villains come first, or sets of 3.

3 Likes

Maybe Lego could release all the villans with the heroes in the Winter wave and skip the 10$ sets then release a couple of titans for summer, however I feel that would end up being to expensive

2 Likes

If they skip the $10 sets they would save $60. I don’t think it would be too expensive.

2 Likes

Yeah but for me I barley managed to pick up the toa this year. Now imagine double that price in 1 wave

2 Likes

Did you get the $10 sets?

2 Likes