BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

no…

xD

All I was saying is that people say I like this because it used to be like this way too often, people need to be able to accept change. The old stuff will never change so there is no reason to not like it anymore now. however it’s time to move on from that.

@Darknova3529 I’ll agree with you there. It’s fine to look back and compare things, but when you look back at something and get upset because the new isn’t like the old, it’s a bit upsetting. I mean, a lot of people are doing that with 2015 sets, and I think they just need to let it go and wait until they have the sets in hand. Yes they have problems, but acting like the 2015 sets didn’t have problems just isn’t right.

Most of it seems to be from everyone having that “BIONICLE CAME BACK” ecstasy, which might be why everyone holds winter 2015 as this god-tier wave. They were good sets, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think that they’re as good as everyone is making them out to be.

Ooooooohhhh. That’s gotta sting like a scorpio. Your tongue is a sharp one :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping when his shoulders get chopped off, he’ll make himself better shoulders. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I don’t think you need to worry about that…LEGO seems to have a pretty good grasp on handling the reactions of the fanbase. I think this year and next year are “experiments” of a sort–attempts to see which style appeals more to the consumers/fans. LEGO will probably gauge our general reactions to see what works and what doesn’t, and then find a compromise that pleases everyone.

I for one am not too displeased with the aesthetic of the new pieces. I can see how they don’t appeal to some, as they are little overenthusiastic with the pistons (the chestplate is a little messy) but overall I feel that they’re no more complex than any G1 piece we got between 2006-2010. It’s the fusion of that aesthetic with CCBS that can yield problems, but I generally think 2016 does a satisfactory job with the mixture.

1 Like

I think Lego is at a bit of a crossroads. 2015 was so great, now rather then follow the beaten path, they have to blaze a new trail. and well, that seems to be getting mixed responses. But by the time the sets are out for a few months, everyone will love them. it is just a fact of the fandom.

18 Likes

That tail is so poorly designed.

7 Likes

“I…hate…Scorpios.”
–Pohatu, EPISODE 14: BEWARE THEIR TAILS

I find it very ironic that Pohatu’s elemental creature is a scorpion, since he hates Scorpios.

7 Likes

Daring is a good thing tho.

2 Likes

I dare you to not dare sorry not sorry

Anyway, I see ketar is getting lots of hate, but even if you think his combo/build is completely hiedous, you still get some pretty nice parts, the vorox piece the trans bones, the head, and the shadow trap. Not to mention those super usefull new gears witht the axle.

It’s 100 posts late, but…

Quality :stuck_out_tongue:

Umarak is papyrus/skeletor confirmed

7 Likes

Though the chest piece is seriously akward (Super detailed textures at some parts, but no texture at all on the printed parts). I do like this wave so far overall, I can’t wait to get them. My first will probably be Umarak, Gali, Lewa, and Onua. (and the creating that go along with them).

*UMARAK’S CHEST PRINT 8 ATK 2 DEF
*It likes to say:
“Nyeh heh heh!”

3 Likes

“Toa! I see you have arrived! How about a puzzle? I call this one: The Giant Maze! You’ll be ‘lost’ in its beauty.”

5 Likes

You know what,guys.

Umarak and Uxar are definitely going to be the first -if not the only- 2016 sets that i’m going to buy.

I imagine that certain sets will look better in person. But the ones I am definitely going to buy are: Lewa, Uxar, and Umarak. I may have to get Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder. Just to have both of the Masks of the Brothers.

why did lego change it’s gold… now the mocr and moco are different shades of gold.

Wait, they’re different shades? They looked the same to me.

1 Like

moco looks more redish to me, maybe I’m seeing things. but that doesn’t change the fact that lego at some point changed it’s gold. rocka gold is different to kopaka gold so to say.

3 Likes

Looks the same to me. The Mask of Control just has a different angle, really. It makes it look darker.

3 Likes