BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

It technically isn’t until the end of the year. There’s a few shipments left.

5 Likes

What if it isn’t the summer wave?

9 Likes

Recently read an interesting article that may shed some light on a lot of issues of G2.

Starting last year Lego as a whole was purposefully trying to decrease their product demand in North America because they couldn’t fulfill their demand and needed a breather so their new factories could get on their feet. This resulted in a 25% cutback in ads as a whole, which might be a least partially a cause in G2’s marketing. The article doesn’t mention if there were other ways Lego cut back on the demand (although it’s not hard to imagine they did), but it does say that growth in NA remained static for the first half of 2016.

Essentially Bionicle came back at one of the worst times possible.

23 Likes

Diabolical.

7 Likes

Now we know the reason for the reason for Bionicle failing.

Lego why?

17 Likes

By your logic these two individuals were the ones who made the advertising for Bionicle G2.

10 Likes

LEGO is actually an evil organization.

The Applego prophecy is coming true, day by day…

5 Likes

when you finally break your notification drought and see that the user deletes his own post

YOU SLIPPERY SNAKE

10 Likes

Well, this puts things into perspective. Perhaps BIONICLE ended not because of poor sales, but factory restructuring and a mandatory breather. The line might have essentially been axed so factories would have less to produce, tying into demand being a big problem for the factories. The best way to stop demand and give yourself some time is to decrease the number of themes you produce.

BIONICLE would be a big target in that scenario because while it could have sold really well, it was never going to bring in the insane type of cash system does.

In fact… this counts as a business decision, and might be the ambiguous one LEGO wouldn’t tell us about.

15 Likes

If this was true then we probably would have seen some other themes get the axe.

1 Like

cough cough Mixels

3 Likes

I think you don’t realize that Mixels has one more year. If Lego was truly Axing lines to make room for more popular themes, we would have seen more themes get canceled in 2015 and 2016.

1 Like

I wonder if this also means they’ll be axing Constraction entirely after the early 2017 wave of Star Wars sets?

If so, FOREVER RIP IN PEACE CONSTRACTION and the dream of G3.

1 Like

It shall forever be missed.

14 Likes

ok then chima and ultra agents both got cancelled in 2015

I went to the Salt Lake Comic Con recently.
While going through the booths, I was surprised to see some BIONICLE sets… The Lord of Skull Spiders, Skull Slicer, and Skull Scorpio.

Not a single Umarak, Creature, Uniter, or Beastie anywhere.
:cold_sweat:

2 Likes

I guess one could say the lack of potential we have for constraction’s future is a… LoSS. :wink:

3 Likes

OK. This makes me mad. Lego KNOWINGLY did this and brought BIONICLE back. Could they not have waited a few more years? How incredibly stupid.

14 Likes