BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Me seeing that picture of Umarak:

Edit:
He’s amazing. My suspicions of his greatness have been confirmed. He is perhaps going to be (in my collection) favorite villain model… Maybe ever, if he has playability.

1 Like

well, looking at his shoulder construction,

seems easy to fix his shoulders, just move the hordika neck up.
can’t hinder movement that much, right?
though I suspect that was lego’s reasoning for having them so low in the first place.

5 Likes

Yeah, his shoulders are sort of off…
Still amazing!

Heck, since I’ve been up late for the past 2 hours doing projects might as well do some quality fanart.

Quality Fanart 11: Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes

15 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that bad boy pop up at a con some time…
I mean, they did all sorts of special masks, including skull grinder’s.

Anyway, I really like how he looks irl.
Can’t wait to see the review!

Wow Umarak looks really great

1 Like

Not sure if anybody else has noticed, but it seems Umarak’s Piece of Unification (PoU?) is gunmetal! I’m not particularly a fan of the piece, but a unique recolour is always nice to see.

2 Likes

We haven’t see Kopaka’s back yet, he might also have that piece in gunmetal, who knows)

1 Like

I doubt he would. It’s likely either gold or silver.

2 Likes

It is silver.

1 Like

Forget about all i said earlier,i’m definitely getting him.

But that arm connexion tho.
WHY.

2 Likes

Well someone did say it made him look like he had a longer neck, thus looking more like a Wendigo which we assumed was his inspiration.
Welp, Idc all that much personally, I mean Umarak has huge gappy bent legs for his anatomy, Umarak apparently breaks up nearly all human anatomy, which IMO is fine.

2 Likes

IMO it just makes him look like his shoulders are broken.

2 Likes

I think he is a great dark hunter type looking villain with better color scheme.

2 Likes

Umarak is awesome, but I will have to fix his shoulders and remplace all the red axles, with black ones, I cant do that with the blue pins because I dont have any of them, but I would do it

2 Likes

It seems like it would be easy to fix his shoulders. Why didn’t LEGO just move his arms up in the first place???

1 Like

Because mayyyybe he isn’t suposed to look anatomicaly correct? I mean he is not human after all, regardless still pretty odd.

3 Likes

I think it would be cool if Umarak would be also a Legendary being like Keetongu. Perhaps Makuta summoned him to guard the Mask Of Control.

1 Like

If they wanted to accent his long neck why did they place his shoulder armor so high up from his arms? That gap bugs me in so many ways. I think they placed his arms so low so he can achieve the bowman pose with his arms outstretched.

Nonetheless Umarak is by far my favorite set of winter 2016. He doesn’t suffer from almost all of the problems that the Toa do. He has good colors, no clashing textures, good custom limbs, a fantastic mask, cool weapons, etc. I love all of him.

9 Likes

I think they made his arms as low as they are because otherwise they conflict with the trap armor.

Other than his shoulder issue, his build is pretty solid while being pretty “alien” compared to the standard humanoid builds we’re force fed all the time. I love it.

Dude, the comment you replied to is like, old man. That was then, this is now, bro.

3 Likes