BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Uhhh, a little too much asymmetry as far as I’m concerned. I’m fine with arm asymmetry, but leg asymmetry always looks bad imo.

She looks better with Akida, as do all the Toa with their respective creatures.

Also, not a fan of Gali’s proportions. Her arms feel way too up high and the legs just suck. I don’t mind the chest piece on the other Toa, but on Gali? It looks terrible.

2 Likes

I like Gali. I wish she, Pohatu, and Lewa had longer arms, but I do like Gali and her asymmetry. The system wedge is also a really nice addition. I’d actually like to see more of that kind of thing.

I see Nokama Metru, and I also see coral-like armor style. I’m digging it. I also like her color scheme. It pops for me.

You know how I was trying to be optimistic about these sets earlier? Well now I’m bummed out on Gali.

Honestly, I don’t know what you see in her set, but she doesn’t look appealing to me at all.

Wow, Gali looks…bad. Her lower legs are too short, her upper legs are too exposed, and her arms seem very awkward. The shoulder-armor attachment is ugly, and her asymmetry–which I loved at first–looks awful now.

She might be worse than Ketar.

2 Likes

Personally I like Gali, however the torso, I love the torso piece design and all but…for Gali? She is female! And yes I know a female doesn’t need to be overly femenine looking and blah blah blha blah, but…big manly pecks?

1 Like

Agreed. So much agree on this. The proportions just don’t work. I might modify this set once I get it.

The color scheme is great, but I don’t see Nokama in this. The biggest problem is the proportions and that ugly chestplate.

Exactlly. Even when she had the Nuva chestplate she looked good, but this one looks ugly.

1 Like

@Chronicler It’s okay if these are problems for you, but they really aren’t for me. Most of the time females don’t even look feminine in constraction. Even Breez looked androgynous. It’s not something that bothers me.

I love Gali 2015 more, but Gali 2016’s mask looks like Nokama’s movie mask, and I dig that.

[quote=“Chronicler, post:2855, topic:15529, full:true”]
It’s not that. It’s the proportions in general. They look so bad.
[/quote]Oh I agree. They’re awful, but that’s how they are for all $15 sets. They all either need longer arms, or elbow work. I can get around the weird legs, but the arms are a bit of an eyesore. The colors, the concept, and the mask just overshadow all of that for me.

It’s not that. It’s the proportions in general. They look so bad.

1 Like

“Dear Lego
Perhaps it is time to show kids that girls have these things on our chests, and now they aren’t manly pecks, so if you can draw them on a minifigure, you might as well put it on a Bonkle chest.
Sincerely a disappointed fan”.

6 Likes

The legs and arms are fine, it’s the torso that is way too long. Look at the comparison with 2015 Tahu. Her waist is below Tahu’s and her shoulders are above his, and her arms are the same length and legs are shorter.

1 Like

I suspected it was the body, because when you showed the picture without the chest piece, it looked just fine.

I got that feeling too

like burnt/poisoned tree bark

1 Like

Gali would probably be better with maybe a more elongated chest and longer arms.
Actually no, that chest does not fit on her.

Some proportions and gappiness could also be why she doesn’t look too feminine. As I said, larger chests might help. Longer arms might help her in feminine posing. Lastly, she doesn’t seem to give off larger hips due to the gaps in between her thigh armor.

One could say this is expected, because, well, there is an added 2 units in height to the body because of the swivel function.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

4 Likes

My main problem with her is the chest, it covers her whole neck, geesh, even Lewa looks more femenine than Gali.

1 Like

It’s like, Metru proportions all over again. Legs are weird, hands don’t come down to the middle of the thighs like they do on us humans, and the torso is long (on two of the Metru, but still).

…Of course I liked their strange proportions so I’m sitting here laughing at everyone and eating your tears and disappointment. Cry more, yessss, moooorrreee! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Triple, post:2864, topic:15529”]
On its own I think this is a downgrade from 2015 Gali, but she was one of the best sets
[/quote]You mean that she was THE best set. :wink:

I’m a little disappointed that Gali didn’t live up to my first impressions. The torso shell doesn’t look good at all on her. Ignoring that the colorscheme is superb. The weapon manages to look nice, and the combo is amazing.

Originally Gali was my favorite of the new smaller Toa, but seeing her now I’m not so sure. Her buid and figure just looks so awkward with those gappy thighs and elongated torso. I dig the asymmetrical shoulder armor, but on the leg it’s too distracting and not quite good. On its own I think this is a downgrade from 2015 Gali, but she was one of the best sets so I suppose I can’t be too critical.

3 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :unamused:

Don’t need to laugh at us for being disappointed.

2 Likes

I like Gali nonetheless but, plz Lego if you didn’t want a Guyli why didn’t you make her look like idk a GIRL

Sigh, Lego, you did it with roodaka, plz do it with Gali again.

1 Like

No but seriously though guys her mask visor looks too thick. Eww.

Edit: All in all, I don’t think she’s necessarily a bad set, a disappointment? Absolutely, but she’s not Ketar levels of awkward and bad. She’s just average.