BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I’d be cool if this was a scrapped concept of Makuta’s vortex blob form (from MNOG) :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This teasing seems dumb. If it’s the artbook just say so. Don’t get fans hoping and speculating for a few hours before the eventual letdown, and if it is something big just tell us.
However, if this is the artbook I can’t wait to see what’s inside.

4 Likes

Or maybe fans shouldn’t be so quick to jump to baseless conclusions without evidence. Whatever it is, we simply don’t know. Hold your judgement, and keep your hopes minimal. Jumping to the conclusion that it’s something big and then getting disappointed is the fault of the fan who does it.

7 Likes

@Tarvaax, that it true as well. I guess I’m just a bit edgy because I have started to move on from bionicle and this is playing on my heartstrings.

2 Likes

Woo, this update confirms what I’ve been saying for two years: Light is the combination of all the elements and the MUP could have been a Mask of Light if worn by the right person (aka Ekimu).

This was heavily hinted at by Ekimu in JtO and earlier, but it’s nice to have it confirmed:

It’s interesting that the Seventh Toa is mentioned in legend. Makuta may have believed the legend was about himself, meaning the MUP was a deliberate attempt at creating a Mask of Light. That only failed when Makuta put on the mask, which was destabilised by the Shadow in him.

Just btw tho:

• It’s not a contradiction that in JtO, Ekimu says he isn’t a Toa because that’s just how conversation works.
    (In European cultures at least) If somebody asks you “are you the amazing guy” you don’t respond “yeah I’m the amazing guy” because that would seem arrogant; you try to play it down instead with “I just want to help”.

• Also Ekimu’s not a Toa in the same way as the others. He is linked to Okoto’s Light, whereas the primary Toa supply their elements to Okoto, by extension powering Ekimu.

• With that, it makes sense that the “unity, duty and destiny” may refer to the virtues shown by the six primary Toa in helping Ekimu reach this point, as well as the (limited) virtues shown by Ekimu in guiding the team (and defeating all the enemies).

2 Likes

Y’know, reading the descriptions for the Elemental Beasts really gave me Bohrok/Rahkshi vibes…
sigh

4 Likes

How do people get the background images from the websites?
If you know how to could you do it to the first slide of makuta’s chapter.

2 Likes

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/explore/2016/makuta/01%20%20ep4%20%200210.jpg?l.r2=388021303

Here ya go. To get it, right click, inspect element and just look for a ‘.jpg’ somewhere. That’ll be the last part of the image url. Copy paste it into your url bar, and save it.

7 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you, I was wondering how to get them too.

3 Likes

I just noticed, that lately we always have to keep our hopes minimal about Lego.

Except that being a Toa is not about being an “amazing guy” but rather about following the tree virtues with pure heart and doing their best to protect the villagers and the island you were meant to protect. But Ekimu kicks it up as a poorly implemented, weak, wannabe Gen 2 Takanuva who thinks he already knows the future so he doesn’t even have to try it hard since it will end up as the Prophecy told him anyway but at least he can shine one last time. For me Ekimu will never be the Toa Of Light!

3 Likes

no, the text did not indicate that the Mask of Ultimate Power is a mask of light if worn by the right persion.

basicly the power of light must be earned, which one can’t do with the MoUP.

the MoUP is a mask that was tainted the moment it was created, because as i see it, the element of light is of the elements being united in balance, were as the MoUP is the elements forced into unity, which breaks the balance and thus the mantra of “united but not one”. Basicly, the MoUP is a cheater’s way to gain the power of light.

also, because the element of light is the united element of the six main ones, we thus also have the reason for why Ekimu “the Mask Maker/the Toa of Light” is wearing the six other elemental symbols on his torso.

1 Like

Not just the text, but also JtO.
The text confirms that Light is the combination of all six elements, which is also what the MUP is. And in JtO, Ekimu says that the MUP would not have exploded if worn by the right person - it was something to do with Makuta wearing it that destabilised it.

I suppose it’s possible that the version Makuta has now is a Mask of Shadows, since it was creating by the MUP blasting out all its elements (and the absence of all elements is Shadow). Then, reassembling the MUP fragments might give a Mask of Light (the combination of all elements)?

I’d guess the original MUP (ie straight after it was forged) had the potential to become a Mask of Light if worn by Ekimu, because he could help the six individual elements inside it combine into Light.

I guess, though Ekimu’s spirit being “linked to Okoto” makes him sound like he was a special character to start with, like the Toa, so he probably always had dormant Light powers.
I think wearing the MUP would have the same effect on villager Ekimu as standing in the Temple of Light did… (If anything, it would be a greater challenge to make a MUP.)

2 Likes

i looked futher into it, the text did not actualy say that the element of Light itself is a combination of all six elements, only that:

The Toa of Light is the living incarnation of all the elements.

no were else is it stated that Light is made up of the six elements, nor is it stated that light is the only element that the six elements can be combined into, just that the Toa of Light is the living incarnation of all the elements, which could also mean something differenty too.

plus JtO did not say that the MoUP would not have worked for Makuta, Ekimu said that had Makuta been pure of hearth, the mask would have affected him differently, it did not say that had someone else like Ekimu used the mask, the effect would have been different, also it was stated that the mask’s powerful alchemy made Makuta’s envy and bitterness into pure evil.

we can’t take all things as being literal, the part of “Ekimu’s spirit being linked to Okoto” could have a different meaning, like how some people will clame that sertan people are the “soul” or “heart” of something.

The Lego Facebook page has posted new Arts for Christmas!

Santa Tahu delivers you The Mask of Time, if you were good all year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Man, that’s my favourite holiday. I hope i get a mask of time

1 Like

What’s with Lego and posting thing 5 months after Bionicle is cancelled. Were they just late to posting, OR ARE THEY BRING BONKLES BACK!!! BONKLES 2K17 CONFIRMED!!! /S

3 Likes

No please.

2 Likes

Santa Clause is canon?

It says “Thank you” if anyone’s wondering

18 Likes

Why are you surprised? Coffee is canon too after all.

Wait, isn’t that Umarak in front of the Sleigh?

6 Likes