BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

please don’t be that guy
nobody likes that guy.

14 Likes

But he’s right, tho. They don’t exist. It’s Mask of insert element here. Also I always though air was a dumb element anyways. Jungle makes more sense in Lewa’s case.

1 Like

Thanks, whenever i see an Mask of water used by someone called Gali i will call it Kaukau.

Exactlly how I feel. Thank goodness it is not there anymore.

4 Likes

I already explained that: the head/mask pictures all have the same image for the head. Since they’re all the same head, Lego just copy-pasted. Except Kopaka, for reasons I can’t fathom,

1 Like

Not really, you mook. You said it was a placeholder, and that’s wrong, because it wasn’t holding a place for anything other than a blank circle. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are other possibilities, such as Lego removing it from the poster to not spoil story details (seeing as the version we got was leaked), it being from an earlier stage in development where Mata Nui was on the forehead of the MoCo but it’s not anymore (doesn’t say anything about the presence of Mata Nui in the story, only the way they choose to convey that), or that the “leaker” in question photoshopped Mata Nui on there in order to troll the fandom. Unfortunately, that’s always an option.

Of course there is always the possibility that it was merely concept artwork that didn’t materialize into anything, but if that’s the case, I still must wonder why it showed up alongside finalized versions of the sets (as we can see by Onua’s torso and upper legs being the changed versions).

-Mesonak

11 Likes

Like I said, I found that specific arrangement of bones quite beneficial for one of my MOCs

Though the MOC doesn’t use CCBS, the same applies here

Notice that the left arm uses an elongated knee joint that is restricted to up and down motion. This allows the long staffed weapon’s base to point furthur towards the ground, which would be beneficial towards Onua since his drilling hammer will most likely have to reach the ground to drill.

The right arm is a shorter, free-moving joint which allows the weapon’s tip to point upwards and allows the weapon to be brought closer to the body for a more dynamic pose (thrusting for example).

Both these joints work in tandem with each other, the left more restricted joint for for up and down movement, the left for bringing the weapon closer or away from the body (as well as some left and right motion)

Vastus couldn’t do that, and his staff can’t really be posed as freely

As such, imagine the lower portion of the staff being Onua’s drill end, If it weren’t for the specific arrangement of joints, the staff would be much more restricted and wouldn’t be able to reach the ground (considering Onua’s left hand reaches very close to the drill) without bending the knees.

if it looks like a kaukau and is worn by gali it’s a kaukau.

fandom naming doesn’t have to be canon,
if you can understand what he is talking about there is no need to be condescending.

1 Like

@Payinku But I am that guy. I like to be that guy. Sarcasm is in my blood. Heck, half of my opinions aren’t even my own person opinions. I just like to see how people react to someone with an opposing view point… for science of course. :slight_smile:

Also, if LEGO officially calls them the Mask of Jungle and the Mask of Water… then they’re the Mask of Jungle and Mask of Water. There’s no argument against those FACTS. :wink:

Edit 2: @Payinku (referring to your reply bellow my post) That was then. This is now. XD

5 Likes

my point was if you understood him there was no reason to go out of the way to correct him.

2 Likes

Yeah, i agree with you. Afterall it is from fan to fan.

I’m just saying, using previous terms could potentially confuse new fans of the series or people who were never heavy into the story and only into the sets. We have to use terms that everyone can understand, y’know? We want our posts to be understood not only by returing fans deep into the past lore, but also new fans with no knowledge of the past lore. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I thought I was being pretty friendly. Perhaps there’s a difference in the binary code of what other people consider friendly and what I consider friendly? I meant no ill what-so-ever. I just thought a bit of light humor would be fun. Though I suppose my humor might not be considered… normal humor, but yeah. I’ll stop then. XD

2 Likes

Tarvaxx, this is enough. If you’re going to correct him, do it more friendlier. But c’mon, not everyone is going to be precise with the names. I still call some of the new masks “Miru” or “Hau” even though they’re the Mask of Jungle or Mask of Fire.

Now please, can we just stop? There is no reason to argue this, and it’s immensely off-topic.

7 Likes

@Rockho Thank you for that presentation. I understand why they went with a different bone type, but I don’t understand why they went with the grey version instead of the Trans-Purple one introduced this year. It just seems to me like a poor decision probably in the name of making the build “easier”.

3 Likes

I didn’t read it off as humor, but to thus their own.

1 Like

His upper legs use the same piece in grey; perhaps making those trans purple too would probably offset the colourscheme or something… (Lego rarely puts the same bone piece in different colours for a set, let alone a single trans one).

Either that or it’s a cost issue…

But are the two bone pieces actually different lengths? I know they don’t have the same connection, but I think they’re relatively similar in terms of length, based on my recollection of CCBS parts…

Nope

They are the same size

Well, then that’s not an issue to me…I understand why it had to be done, in order to facilitate the play value. I just didn’t want Onua’s arms to be different lengths.

3 Likes

@Rockho Ironically enough, Onua 2015 has both the Grey and Trans-Purple version of that bone. Although he has it in paris rather than a single use. Still, would have been great if they went the extra mile. Probably cost issues or something.

Thankfully its not as enraging as Tahu’s poor excuse for leg coverage. :laughing:

1 Like