BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Yes, yes they do.

1 Like

[quote=“Ekimu, post:5808, topic:15529, full:true”]
It’s just weird how he stated that those pieces he made are for Mocs. Like any other CCBS piece wouldn’t be good for the same purpose? Or the crystal add-on?
[/quote]That’s not what he said at all Kimu. He’s saying that those pieces were included in large quantities in Tahu Uniter of Fire and Kopaka Uniter of Ice so that MOCists and children could have easy access to them in order to make their OWN creatures.

1 Like

So basically for MOCs

1 Like

Yeah, and besides, a normal shell wouldn’t have as much MOC potential as this new piece, we’ve seen people here making improved Okotoran with it. Again, the designer knows what he’s doing.

2 Likes

The piece itself isn’t made for MOCing necessarily(even though every single piece LEGO makes is made with MOCing in mind), it was designed to be an armor and connector piece all in one, and it was made to be versatile. Just because they include it in a set for MOC convenience doesn’t mean you should act like they’re attacking you or your lifestyle. :smirk:

4 Likes

So, everyone just got Kopaka Melum Unity today. Only Bionicle 2016 set they had. The stock got completely wiped out. K/M is awesome.

1 Like

Chill out. I just stated my own opinion. It still sounds weird to me. Never heard that before from a Lego designer. Anyway I’m keeping them on the sets.

2 Likes

I just noticed that Lewa’s dumb box art pose is good for something

well I have over 20 of them and they all are like that.

35 Likes

Bout time some good quality fanart appeared.
And also, anyone that has the Gali, Uxar, Tahu and Ikir, could you post a pic of Gali united with ikir and Tahu united with Uxar?

2 Likes

[quote=“Ekimu, post:5815, topic:15529, full:true”]
Chill out. I just stated my own opinion. It still sounds weird to me. Never heard that before from a Lego designer. Anyway I’m keeping them on the sets.
[/quote]I’m not the one who was getting all offended because he found out LEGO likes to cater towards MOCists just as much as everyone else and makes sure each set is a good parts pack for something. :wink:

[quote=“Toa_Fjordisk, post:5814, topic:15529”]
So, everyone just got Kopaka Melum Unity today.
[/quote] Every consumer in the world has Kopaka and Melum as of today? :scream:

Only Bionicle 2016 set they had.
[/quote] Nuh-uh… I have a Tahu downstairs. :stuck_out_tongue:

The stock got completely wiped out. K/M is awesome.
[/quote] They exterminated my Tahu!? :scream:

2 Likes

Nah you’re the who was getting offended that my opinion is different than yours :wink:

Lego should have release those instead of the sets so every MOCer would be pleased :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And I was the one that got offended cause the other one was offended because you got offended by the designer that got offended :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Does this argument really need to continue?

5 Likes

Nah, it really doesn’t. I didn’t think it’d we’d have a debate on something so trivial, but what happens happens I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Ekimu, post:5804, topic:15529, full:true”]
I very dissapointed that the new piece of unification on Tahu and Kopaka’s leg were meant for Mocing. I’m not doing MOCs. I like the piece the way it is and I like where it is on the set. Seriously this john is so wrong when he thinks that every Bionicle fan doing MOCs
[/quote] You do agree that this ^ was not an opinion, right? More or less it seems like he just went out and assumed that the piece of unification on Tahu and Kopaka’s leg were there only for the purpose of MOCing. His opinion was that it was a bad thing, yes, but at first I was disputing whether or not it was really there JUST for MOCing.

2 Likes

I noticed something interesting for those who have the Toa sets on-hand…

On the back of the boxes, in the upper-right hand area (around the Unity photo) there seems to be a Shadow Trap (one of Ketar’s kind, if I see correctly) that is walking down a flight of steps while levitating some sort of stone (you can see the green energy coming from the trap and surrounding the rock).

Could this be a power the traps possess? Maybe they have Elemental Powers? Or is it just meaningless art?

Agreed, I think both of them are missing social cues in each other’s replies, just continue it in PM format.

It’s pretty interesting that this part was specifically designed with mocists in mind. Shame that the pistons aren’t lightsaber sized, that would’ve been nice.

1 Like

I’m inclined to say it is meaningless art

Don’t know about anyone else but I like hearing different opinions on an issue or aspect. It let’s me get a greater understand the struggles and joy people have for it. What I do not like is when folks add in a remark or an assumption about the other party rather than the issue. Debates should be about ideas, not people. Keep it interesting, but please keep it civil.

Now then I just got back from the Lego store with some new Bonkles. Can’t wait to open them up.

3 Likes

Eh, I think it’s just the artist doing artsy things.

[quote=“Dr_Chronos, post:5825, topic:15529”]
Keep it interesting, but please keep it civil.
[/quote]Mini-mod of the day award goes too… :wink:
But nah, everything was civil and fine. No one was yelling or attacking anyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Ekimu, post:5819, topic:15529”]
Lego should have release those instead of the sets so every MOCer would be pleased :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]I don’t see anything wrong with including them in sets(because those parts are designed to be used in the sets first and foremost), but I also don’t see anything wrong with MOC packs. I’d love it if those were a thing.

2 Likes

LEGO BRING ME MY SETS ALREADY!! I dont want to wait for 7 days… seeing “everyone” with the sets and I am still waiting them to arrive, harsh life

3 Likes

Eh, that’s not all that bad. Just try and be a little more patient. I only got Tahu and that’s because I’m a lucky guy with a lot of lucky lucky luck. The rest of my sets (including Ikir) arrive next Thursday, so I’m pretty much in the same boat as you. :slight_smile:

Trust me, nothing makes you more impatient and antsy than having a Uniter without its “unitee”. I REAAAAALLY want to see what he looks like with Ikir in person. XD

3 Likes