BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Start topic, make a point, discuss the point, get off topic, go back to the point and rediscuss, repeat steps 2 - 6
There

Anyway seriously, so I was thinking about this, do you think that combo models are gone for good, at least for this year due to the unity?

Colour scheme < recolors

@BlueCel I think it would help add to the idea that they are not part of his body and he removes them to make a shadow trap

1 Like

Since I haven’t said much on this topic yet ill just say Ketarbebetter next time and Umarak is cool…

[quote=“BlueCel, post:7999, topic:15529”]
Anyway seriously, so I was thinking about this, do you think that combo models are gone for good, at least for this year due to the unity?
[/quote] Well I guess it depends on the summer wave, will they keep the unity theme? Probably.

1 Like

Ehem imo, color scheme is better than recolors. If umarak had silver traps for shoulders it would look so out of place.

fix those darn prices LEGO >:[

lol somebody is whiteknighting pohatu xD

9 Likes

Imo he is in my top 3 toa sets. Not me though! Even though I really like him he ain’t worthy of the 5 stars, 4 stars tops.

3 Likes

I agree, a bit of a step down from his master form, though still alright.

Or I wait for lego to fix their prices or I wait for sets to show up in stores IN APRIL >>>>>>>:[ and then wait for price cuts wich doesn’t happen.

I’m not paying 6 extra euro so I can fix gali…
the money that I would pay for the overpriceing is enough for another tahu…

Someone must have been upset at all the negative reviews Pohatu got and decided to trick moms and kids who don’t read reviews into thinking Pohatu was the best. :wink:

3 Likes

Quick thoughts on Potato:
Colors: 2015, while 2016 adds more unique colors (imo more interesting ones) he doesn’t distribute them properly
Build: 2016 hands down
Weapon: tie, I was going to say 2015, but they where extremely easy to pull appart and annoying imo, his boulder weapon is really cool, however it might not work as well as expected…and shall I mention this?
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-09-2016/OYSwYw.gif

4 Likes

someone said that pohatus boulder is pretty much waitless to him because he is the master of stone. I like the idea but that weapon is still stupid.

If they do more combo models I hope its not just so they can have combo models. If they do them they better do them right. The toa 2015 combos were pretty bad (although one or two were cool), where as the Kulta-Ekimu-Scorpio combo model is really cool looking.

1 Like

Wow! There’s a lot of catching up for me here… (even tho I HAD been on here, looking…)

Anyways, I modded ALL the sets in some capacity to make them more, Whole I guess? But I really like Umarak (surprise, surprise) as a villain set, Tahu as a large one and after making him more waistlandier - Pohatu is my favorite medium set. This includes their modded creatures too. TBH I don’t have a least favorite anymore. Well I never did. I got no time for such trivial things. Especially if i buy every set. I like All of them. That’s just my opinion.

BTW: The way you can fix Ketar’s friction problem is if you loop a rubber band where his exposed axle (on the booty area) is and loop it with his tail (this will require modding his tail a bit). My Ketar’s tail snaps back to the center and his arms don’t flop anymore. YAY

1 Like

I just locked up Ketars function

having both Pohatu’s in front of me, I can say that (imo) the 2015 one looks like a cartoon compared to the 2016 one, simply because of the move from burnt orange to dark tan (?) and the added details.

Here’s Pohatu and Ketar modded. Unity mode gives sandtorm wings becuase why not!
:laughing:

I wanna get him another mace too.

10 Likes

@OrionStargazer Wow, that looks really cool! I like the new ammorack(I fail at remembering names XP.) That he has on him!

Yeah I Really like his Bandoleer full of bones (Bonedoleer?) too :blush: And it slightly cover his nuva symbol which emphasizes his G2 lone wolf personallty he has

1 Like

So I found out what Melum is supposed to be:

I did this as soon as the whole “all creatures are half-dragon” discussion started. This was the first thing that came to my mind.
Creatures are the Champions.

2 Likes

I still think Melum is a Dragon/Polar Bear hybrid. In fact I’m going with half on what the book says about them being half Dragon.

Melum - Dragon Polar Bear

Ikir - Dragon Phoenix

Akida - Dragon Shark

Terak - Dragon Mole

Ketar - Dragon Scorpion (that sounds AWESOME)

Uxar - Dragon Wasp ( Dragon Dragonfly is not as cool)

It’s Bionicle, it’s a Fantasy. Especially G2.

4 Likes