BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

I know it may be slightly off topic, but it connects with 2016: when is the mask contest finished???

Ah. I’d expect official pics to come once the contest is over unfortunately.

1 Like

Yeah, no one is ( except rockoh apparently.). Probably a bug.

I believe it lasts six weeks like the mask hunt contest, the first week already ended and I must say…the competition is STRONG. Those masks look crazy.

1 Like

That is a great interpretation. This is my new headcanon until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

Why thank you, it could also be interpreted as crystals that power up the drill and when they run out of power BAM they pop out.

1 Like

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

Back on topic, do you guys think the new boxes will have some sort of bio for them or advertisement for the show? Because one of the main issues I had with the 2015 sets was they didn’t trully describe the character on the box, or even stated that it was a female (looking at you Gali) anyway, at least I’d like a bit of a bio so people that either don’t read the bios online or don’t have netflix can have some sort of idea of what they are buying.

And also, does anyone else think ketar and pohatu combo will look somewhat like Dr Octopus from marvel?

1 Like

I don’t think there will be a bio, as there never has been even though it’s a great idea. However I do think there will be a show advertisement in the intructions along with the rest of the ads.

I’m pretty sure they have a good idea thanks to the comics included. From the box and comics you get the name, learn he/she is the master of an element, is heroic, uses the golden mask as a Powerup, etc. The rest they can make up if they want to, which sometimes works better than the official canon.

That’s a small demographic. The Bionicle website is more accessable today than it ever was before. Today nearly every home in the U.S. or Europe has a household computer, and about half of kids in Bio’s target range have some sort of mobile device. I have confidence that those who are interested in discovering more about their character will go to the site.

1 Like

Having a computer doesn’t mean using it to look up toys.

3 weeks. The winner will be announced on the second of November. So if we are to get official pics after the competition, it’ll be in November.

1 Like

I hope daddy Tahu looks got in the final pics.

Man I can’t wait to get these guys! Seriously, I am exited!

2 Likes

That poster that was revealed looked pretty final, so I’m sure Tahu will look great in the final product. I’m still a huge fan of Lewa’s redesign, even if the swords are a bit wonky. I can always mod 'em. Maybe I could turn them into wristblades with some Technic magic!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Lego Bionicle Facebook Contest

Same here. I’m also pretty excited for Umarak because he will be the first villain who is larger than the heroes in the new Bionicle! Also, he looks cool, is vaguely similar to a wendigo in terms of aesthetic, and is mostly green with black and red (plus his cool antlers)!

But didn’t someone made a comparison of the toa and unarak in LDD and it showed umarak was like the same hight as Tahu?
Correct me if I’m wrong please.

Oh. That’s less good.
At least Umarak is big enough that he looks like he could take on the Toa and win (at least one at a time).
That’s one of my few problems with the skull villains: none of them were big enough to look like they could each defeat a Toa on their own.
Also, 7000th post! :tada:

I believe Dr Scorpionx makes Bioformers (Mocs) to actually make the toa and skull villains look better and taller, as of the moment he has posted videos on the toa and kulta/LOSS. It’s a nice way to make them actually look menacing.

@king328 He’s not similar to a Wendigo aesthetically speaking. Not at all. A Wendigo(if we’re talking about native legends here) is the urge for cannibalism personified and is used to explain the strange psychological behavior of those who begin to crave human’s as a food source. Believe me, Umarak looks nothing like a hunger depraved human being.

If anything, Umarak looks like a deer man. Specifically, his aesthetics bring to mind the hind legs of a deer, and the antlers of one to boot. He looks like some sort of jungle spirit.

1 Like

Some pictures of Wendigos portray them as deer men. Well the non Marvel and non Until Dawn Wendigos anyway.

3 Likes