BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

Having a computer doesn’t mean using it to look up toys.

3 weeks. The winner will be announced on the second of November. So if we are to get official pics after the competition, it’ll be in November.

1 Like

I hope daddy Tahu looks got in the final pics.

Man I can’t wait to get these guys! Seriously, I am exited!

2 Likes

That poster that was revealed looked pretty final, so I’m sure Tahu will look great in the final product. I’m still a huge fan of Lewa’s redesign, even if the swords are a bit wonky. I can always mod 'em. Maybe I could turn them into wristblades with some Technic magic!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Lego Bionicle Facebook Contest

Same here. I’m also pretty excited for Umarak because he will be the first villain who is larger than the heroes in the new Bionicle! Also, he looks cool, is vaguely similar to a wendigo in terms of aesthetic, and is mostly green with black and red (plus his cool antlers)!

But didn’t someone made a comparison of the toa and unarak in LDD and it showed umarak was like the same hight as Tahu?
Correct me if I’m wrong please.

Oh. That’s less good.
At least Umarak is big enough that he looks like he could take on the Toa and win (at least one at a time).
That’s one of my few problems with the skull villains: none of them were big enough to look like they could each defeat a Toa on their own.
Also, 7000th post! :tada:

I believe Dr Scorpionx makes Bioformers (Mocs) to actually make the toa and skull villains look better and taller, as of the moment he has posted videos on the toa and kulta/LOSS. It’s a nice way to make them actually look menacing.

@king328 He’s not similar to a Wendigo aesthetically speaking. Not at all. A Wendigo(if we’re talking about native legends here) is the urge for cannibalism personified and is used to explain the strange psychological behavior of those who begin to crave human’s as a food source. Believe me, Umarak looks nothing like a hunger depraved human being.

If anything, Umarak looks like a deer man. Specifically, his aesthetics bring to mind the hind legs of a deer, and the antlers of one to boot. He looks like some sort of jungle spirit.

1 Like

Some pictures of Wendigos portray them as deer men. Well the non Marvel and non Until Dawn Wendigos anyway.

3 Likes

@Fenrr Pictures=/=the tales and lore. It’s important everyone here remember that. Either way, I don’t see him eating protectors or Toa, so that whole thought process is debunked.

2 Likes

I don’t see him eating them per-say, but that chest printing does imply a possibly…ravenous predisposition…

1 Like

“Aesthetically speaking” means in terms of appearance. In some myths of the Wendigo, it has a deer’s head, deer legs, fangs, antlers, claws, is very tall, and is partly decayed. That’s what I was referring to, not what the Wendigo stands for/ represents.

7 Likes

And if you want you can throw in a picture of the Cleric Beast from Bloodborne in as well. That was partially designed after Wendigos.

I can guarentee 100% the only reason why people are making comparisons between umarak and a wendigo is because of until dawn in some way.

Lego went for more a hunter using bones and leaves as armor kind of thing. I really doubt they based it off some obscure native American creature that is only in some forms represented as a deer or skeleton deer

3 Likes

That’s inspired, not a myth. I was trying to show my thinking with examples of drawings made based off the myth, not something inspired by it.

Also, @Forest_westly, I actually knew about Wendigos and liked them before until dawn. It’s not all that obscure, ideas based on it can be seen in various things. Examples include the stag from hannibal, who has deer antlers and is in a show eating people; the second ever episode of supernatural focused on wendigos; they are mentioned in Pet Cemetery; and were in the lost tapes. Also, Until dawn’s wendigos look nothing like a mythological one, but are similar in terms of concept.

2 Likes

Yes but if your like me and you have no idea what a wendigo was and decided to look up, you know that the first images were of dear-skeleton men.

To me umarak looks like lego mixed a backwoods hunter with bones and animal carcasses with the limbs and appearance of a deer.

People only make the conclusion its based off the deer-skelly wendigo becuase he has the skull rib cage and gappyness in his legs

1 Like

His legs look like deer legs, he has antlers and a deer snout, has the skeleton torso, and has claws and stuff.
Also, this is getting out of hand. I said originally not that he was based off of one but that he is

What I meant initially was that he looked vaguely similar to one of my favorite mythological monsters in some descriptions and overall looks cool. I’m sorry for the controversy I started, it’s not what I meant to do.