BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

I agree with you on most of what you said, with the exception of Gali. I’m just not a fan of her. I do love Umarak, Lewa and Tahu, though!

2 Likes

I think how they do the body will make or break these sets though - as if they do indeed have a similar function to the Rahkshi, I’m interested to see the connections and how it all fits together.

I think its because CCBS uses the same basic outline of Torso’s, so even if the Torso piece changes it usually retains the same sort of shape. I think the skeletal rib pieces may be an exception though.

4 Likes

Oh, I meant one plastic color. Sorry I didn’t make that clear. :slight_smile:

CCBS torsos over the years

12 Likes

When was this?

2 Likes

Drilldozer. I admit his torso was an oddity…

2 Likes

5 or 6 of those use the same basic outline covering the same rough area of the set. There are minor variations in design but it covers the same rough area.

The skeletal ribs are a maybe. The Drilldozer torso and the Onua torso being exceptions, though they aren’t used as often as the other designs.

Basically was talking about the interchange-ability of the 2016 Torso and most the other variations should work on it.

4 Likes

I still think it would have come out better if LEGO had put 2 plastics into one piece, like how they did with the Ultra Agents helmets, although it might not work/ it might be too costly because this time it’s large scale.

2 Likes

C’mon, I’m the first thing you find when searching by the picture, shouldn’t be that hard :smiley:
Anyways, the url would had been censored, So no point posting it either.

1 Like

Anything new? Or is this thread going back to dormancy for a couple more months?

1 Like

There’s been absolutely nothing.

I was really looking forward to getting another Pohatu, considering how impressed I was by the '15 version…but his creature is so…lacking in different ways…that it’s hard for me (considering my budget) to forego sets like Tahu and Onua, or even Lewa, whose creatures are actually pretty decent and would be good to get alongside their respective uniters. I’m a bit disappointed with Pohatu too though…I really was liking the stone characters, PoS is one of my favourite protectors, Pohatu was an awesome first buy…now Ketar looks all over the place, Pohatu’s asymmetry is gone and is replaced by…possibly something a little odd looking (again, need clearer pics) but I’m mostly disappointed by Pohatu’s weapon. When I first saw the leaks, I thought they gave Pohatu two stones with chains that you could flail around like morning stars. I loved that…then I find out it’s a flail…and a spear? Eh. Maybe I’d get him and change the weapon. :S

4 Likes

the inconvenient truth

it’s driving me crazy, we gotta have some news coming in soon.

I had that same thought. I like the figure, but the weapon… Why couldn’t it just be a flail? I think that would’ve been totally cool! Now he has another one of those mandatory new blade pieces… Which aren’t mandatory, because Onua lacks one.
Pohatu shouldn’t have had one either! Earth and stone are all about blunt trauma yo XD

6 Likes

nah, finalized onua will have a giant spear not a stupid drill

1 Like

Speaking of Pohatu, what’s that rusty dark brown colour he has on his thighs and torso? I don’t think i’ve seen that before…

2 Likes

now that’s just silly. The drill is way sicker than a spear. waaayyyyy sicker

2 Likes

I agree. That drill is the coolest weapon for me in 2016 by far. It’s an actual hammer this time, has the shape of a war hammer, the drill spins, AND you can fire little stud bullets. Amazing weapon for a very cool looking figure.

I’d say next best weapons are Umarak’s bow (I love bows) and his dagger thing. Kopaka’s sword is awesome…I love that it has a hilt. The stud shooter could’ve been better IMO. Tahu’s swords are interesting…kind of odd…but likely fun to play around with. Pohatu’s…I’ve already discussed. Gali’s weapon is bizarre…like I don’t know how that would practically work. But the absolute worst weapon so far is Lewa’s. The blades are the most impractical weapon since Protector of Fire’s flame…things…? Like he’d have to be so careful not to slice himself into pieces let alone slice his foes. Hate Lewa’s weapons. I’ll give them points for creativity…but boy are they lame compared to his axes last year (also my opinion).

From the looks of it, Pohatu has dark brown reincorporated back to his colour scheme. So shells and chest. Though I don’t think it’s BAD, I am curious to see how it’ll look with the burnt orange accents. They’ve kept the neon green parts, so that keeps his Rock Raider monster image intact. I am also interested to see how his arms are constructed…because I’ve mentioned this before, he has neon green bohrok eyes on his upper arms, which I think are connected via a long axle piece through three parts (dark grey and burnt orange piece).

Me too…don’t know why it’s taking so long for images to come out. I really want to see them come out soon though.

Edited for TRIPLE POST!
~Chronicler

6 Likes

Please, sir. Refrain from double, triple, quadruple, etc. posting! It clutters up the forum. I’ve said this to you before. Please don’t double post. Edit your first post for new replies.

~Chronicler

2 Likes

Which HF set was he? As in: was he one of the fire villains? Or from a later line?

1 Like

He was a fire villain