BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

Oh cool. I never actually got any of the Fire Villains. I wish I did though.

1 Like

Onuaā€™s hammer is definitely one of the best bionicle weapons in a looong time. Im very partial to tahuā€™s swords this go round, mainly because of their slight similarity to sidorakā€™s blade function.

6 Likes

I personally like Tahuā€™s swords, but the gears and stuff on the side kinda kill it for me a bit. :confused: I guess Iā€™ll wait to see it in person to judge, though.

2 Likes

I honestly am not a fan of Onusā€™s hammer. It looks more like a bulky drill with a huge attachment point to a stick that could never support its weight. Also, its head is so close to Onusā€™s hand that it loses the benefit of reach and becomes awkward and hard to use. Also, Onua donā€™t need the stud shooters, they are rapid-firing and he is slow! He is the hero I think would be least likely to use a rapid-stud shooter.
Just my opinion. Maybe it well be better in real life, but for now, not a fan.

1 Like

Just because a character is slow doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t have long-range weapons. In fact, sluggish characters benefit from 'em to make up for their slowness.

9 Likes

Yeah. Remember Onua Mistika?

I have him, bought him complete from a thrift store.

Also Iā€™m not receiving alerts for some reason anymore. Anyone know a mod I can PM?

1 Like

4 Likes

Iā€™m personally not a fan of the figures that came out in 2008ā€¦I have to admit that I liked the Mahri and the Barraki in '07ā€¦but I could just not get into the '08 dudes.

Onua can totally have a hammer shooting thingy to make up for his slowness. I need some official pics of that guyā€¦I really want to see his combo with Terakā€¦as well as the glorious pieces he will be made up ofā€¦oh please LEGOā€¦pleaseā€¦

Oh man that sounds great

1 Like

What I mean is that it is a weak weapon, rather than an awesome missile launcher with a lot of power behind it. Onua Mistikaā€™s weapon is impressive and can do a lot of damage. A stud shooter is tiny and doesnā€™t seem like it would be great for a melee weapon.
Iā€™m just saying that I could see a stud shooter being on most of the heroes except Onua. If they just gave him a huge hammer with maybe the drill thing as well that still could function as a hammer, rather than having the indent in it, then that would be great. The stud shooter just is weird for me.

1 Like

I think it would be hilariously effective if you use Onuaā€™s rahkshi function and his stud shooter function at the same time for a scatter shot.

6 Likes

Actually, I like to think of the stud shooter like bits of crystal and rocks comingo out of the drill onua is using. Like lets say he uses the drill and all the mirals come out of the back. Or also you could see it as the drill mining crystals for ammo.

3 Likes

I know it may be slightly off topic, but it connects with 2016: when is the mask contest finished???

Ah. Iā€™d expect official pics to come once the contest is over unfortunately.

1 Like

Yeah, no one is ( except rockoh apparently.). Probably a bug.

I believe it lasts six weeks like the mask hunt contest, the first week already ended and I must sayā€¦the competition is STRONG. Those masks look crazy.

1 Like

That is a great interpretation. This is my new headcanon until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

Why thank you, it could also be interpreted as crystals that power up the drill and when they run out of power BAM they pop out.

1 Like

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

Back on topic, do you guys think the new boxes will have some sort of bio for them or advertisement for the show? Because one of the main issues I had with the 2015 sets was they didnā€™t trully describe the character on the box, or even stated that it was a female (looking at you Gali) anyway, at least Iā€™d like a bit of a bio so people that either donā€™t read the bios online or donā€™t have netflix can have some sort of idea of what they are buying.

And also, does anyone else think ketar and pohatu combo will look somewhat like Dr Octopus from marvel?

1 Like

I donā€™t think there will be a bio, as there never has been even though itā€™s a great idea. However I do think there will be a show advertisement in the intructions along with the rest of the ads.

Iā€™m pretty sure they have a good idea thanks to the comics included. From the box and comics you get the name, learn he/she is the master of an element, is heroic, uses the golden mask as a Powerup, etc. The rest they can make up if they want to, which sometimes works better than the official canon.

Thatā€™s a small demographic. The Bionicle website is more accessable today than it ever was before. Today nearly every home in the U.S. or Europe has a household computer, and about half of kids in Bioā€™s target range have some sort of mobile device. I have confidence that those who are interested in discovering more about their character will go to the site.

1 Like