BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

Someone on eurobricks made a very good observation. It looks like the upper torso is built around the new armor piece, as seen on tahu’s thighs. If you look at both tahu and umarak in the new photo, you can indeed see the new armor piece inside the torso, with the two pin holes facing backwards, seemingly where the creatures can connect to these figures. you can tell the the armor piece is also upside down, as compared to tahu’s thighs, and you can see the armor sticking up to cover the back of the figures necks. I’m getting even more excited to see how these figures are built up.

Well, those are legitimate problems about him, because he only has 3 red parts. You can mod him to your liking, but I think I’m fine here.

Another problem I find with Tahu is his neck. I think he skipped neck day, and he seems to have little fat in front of his neck. Maybe I should bricklink some small system tires when the sets come out.

I also think i figured out how ikir’s wings are built.

one of these:

plugged into one of these:
http://brickset.com/parts/4173668

coming off the triple axle, one of the smaller wing pieces is directly attached to it, and the upper one looks like it connects to the triple axle by one of these:

but instead of having a 2 length axle, it has a 1 length axle. That seems to be a new piece as far as I know.

If you really zoom into the new lego club picture, you can just barely make it out on ikir’s further wing.

EDIT:
upon re-inspecting the larger image, you can tell that it is indeed this: LEGO parts 4107765 CATCH | Brickset
with the 2 length axle. You can see it stick through.

also these is a ball/axle stuck in the middle of the triple axle, as to prevent the wings from completely closing

Lol I for one am ok with the Toa having skinny necks. I mean, LEGO has done a fantastic job with the new Tahu…I kinda like the gold. I like it even more because his mask is beautiful and he is complemented by all that trans neon orange! He will be a figure on fire…this time more so like Narmoto! (Not that I have anything at all against the '15 Tahu…I like him a lot)

1 Like

The gold on Tahu sort of reminds me of Golden Armor Tahu from Stars. I feel like this should’ve been what he would look like.

2 Likes

Sheesh, no one complained when Lihkan had gold. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@SpookMeister Here’s my question: Why CAN’T gold be a primary color for fire? It seems everyone has this strange preconceived notion that a fire Toa HAS to be primarily red. Gold is pretty darn close to yellow, and yellow is associated with fire just as much as red/orange. No, I disagree with the overall opinion that Tahu shouldn’t be so gold, in fact, I support further use of gold as Tahu’s primary in later sets.

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t make much sense. Tahu is primarily red throughout all his incarnations, with gold as an accent in the 2015 version. Seeing as this is an evolution, it doesn’t make sense that a much of gold is a fire color. Also, just because gold looks like yellow doesn’t mean it’s fire related. Gold is typically used as an accent color in general, and it would usually be used as such in the g2 sets. Just because Tahu uses gold doesn’t mean he can be covered in gold and still be Tahu. No. Because Tahu is usually seen as a red and trans orange figure with gold armor accents.

EDIT: I did an idiot

@SpookMeister See, that again only has merit if you’re fine with assuming that Tahu just CAN’T have a different color scheme than his G1 and 2015 incarnations. Tahu can have whatever colors they give him. Colors don’t make a character’s personality. It’s what they do that makes them a hero. I’d also like to mention that aesthetics make a character more recognizable than color, and Tahu has aesthetics that looks similar to his 2015 form.

“You need to stop judging things based on your narrow-minded cultural assumptions, Nick”-Maya :wink:

1 Like

Okay, so if I have a gold Tahu it’s just a normal Tahu now? No, that doesn’t make sense. Fire toa don’t have to be red, and if Tahu was trans orange that would be okay for me, but making him fully gold because the logic that “gold is kinda yellow so it works” doesn’t cut it for me.

Okay now that’s just being snarky now. Just because you think my logic is flawed doesn’t mean you can call me narrow minded. Seriously. All you have to say is that you don’t agree.

1 Like

@SpookMeister You still don’t seem to get it. Tahu’s color scheme is what it is. If the BIONICLE team says gold is now the primary color, then it’s the primary color and you have to suspend your disbelief or challenge their authority, because canonically speaking it WILL remain as it is. This whole “doesn’t cut it for me” line of thinking doesn’t matter, because this isn’t about your opinion. This is about what the designers are doing, and what they do you CANNOT possibly change. You’re just going to have to learn to live with it.

I do not know at all that Tahu’s new colorscheme seems to have gold be a primary color (which I don’t even think has ever been said by a lego set designer), but I also know that there exists personal preference. I do not think Tahu should be showered in gold, and that doesn’t mean I can’t disagree with designer decisions, and therefore I don’t have to agree with you. This also means that I can say “your opinion doesn’t cut it.”

@Tarvaax
@SpookMeister

Guys stop being rude plz.

1 Like

Okay, I apologize. I didn’t want to have a flame war, and I simply wanted to answer @Tarvaax’s question with my own opinion. I just felt offended because I feel Tarvaax is trying to condescend to me, with the “You don’t get it” or calling me narrow minded. I just don’t feel very happy when someone doesn’t calmly consider my points.

3 Likes

wooooooooooooooh
2016 Lhikan Uniter of Fire confoimed.

9 Likes

Just throwing in my two cents here. I agree that Tahu has a tad too much gold for my tastes. It’s more of a problem now because he has so many colors like Gold, Red, Trans-Orange, Blue, and if we’re counting the mask even some Silver.

Also, one of the things that makes Lego such a unique toy is that it rejects the “Designer is always right” mentality. Don’t like something? Not only can you voice your misgivings and hope they don’t make the same choice again, you can also physically change it. Add to it. Make it what YOU want.

5 Likes

@Dr_Chronos Changing your own set=/=changing the official artwork or set design. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I think people are being a bit too harsh on the gold. Metallic colors make the sets look less… fake to me. All of the sets in G1 that had a simple color scheme like (red+orange) looked too… plasticy because of it. They didn’t look like biomechanical beings.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for reminiscing, but I do like the color scheme because it reminds me of g1, like the comparison with Lhikan. I agree that it might be a bit too much gold, but even then, I don’t think it ruins the set.

As for Umarak, I would love it if after he transforms into the Destroyer, he betrays Makuta because he has so much power now. He would plan to cleanse the island and rule over it. He would be more of a conqueror than a predator or hunter.

I like gold on Tahu but, yeah, it is kinda too much here.

Counting the melded flame pieces as 1/2 a gold piece each, Tahu has 12 pieces of gold. He also has only 2 and 1/2 ish red pieces (his mask counts as 1/2), and I think 10 trans orange pieces. Eh. I think I’ll be changing the upper arms to a red color.

2 Likes

I hate that he just randomly has solid red on his legs. There aren’t even any good recolors to replace it. He should have had either more solid red or exclusively trans orange.