BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

@Spooky_Robespierre OBJECTION!

Your honor, have a look at this: http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/wallpapers/wallpaper-okoto-2524x2524.jpg?l.r2=-394090373
If you would draw your attention to the Region of Stone, you’ll notice that there’s a crater in the upper far left section. This crater was made by the defendant after the victim attacked him. This means that the defendant hadn’t been attempting to cause harm, HE WAS GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THE ISLANDERS!
(I did the point and everything)

1 Like

May I remind you that the defendant was being possessed by an evil mask and that the plantiff was in self defense? Also, I’m pretty sure Ekimu didn’t slam Makuta in the chest with his hammer; in the animation it’s clearly shown that Ekimu knocks off the MOC, which I presume was done to save Makuta from causing trouble. This technically doesn’t count as attacking Makuta, just trying to get his mask off.

1 Like

OMG, really? Is this what we’ve all come to? No wonder why I left BZP…

It’s JUST A TOY LINE GUYS :sweat_smile: Also wait until the line is over. We’ll get answers soon :wink:

But I’m with Spooks on this one.

2 Likes

I am with spooks. While the jury is still out, I am voting that Makuta, while potentially not an evil person before, is now evil and tried to use the mask of ultimate power for harm.
Edit:
Seriously though Orion is right this is getting out of hand. Lego tends to lean towards good vs. evil stories because that’s easy for kids to understand. I’m pretty sure Makuta is evil, at least now.

2 Likes

Yes,I think we did
And by the way,I don’t think g2 will get plot twists like ekimu is evil.Remember this is now a child-friendly series?

1 Like

Was it not before?
I mean, there was death…
But Lego’s products are pretty much always made for children.
Bionicle G1 was no exception. I was a kid when I got into it. I was probably nine or so when I really started appreciating it. Most of my sets were from the Glatorian period, although I was quite into the old sets (in spirit, but I couldn’t afford them).

5 Likes

Nah. There’s little to no cohesion in his textures, and he’s gone from a red character with gold highlights to a gold character with red highlights.

2 Likes

Well… yes…
I still think that he looks good in gold.

2 Likes

G1 grow darker as its target audience grow up into teenagers or adults.But g2 has just begun and the target audience are still young

2 Likes

Does anyone else think Tahu’s arms are going to be really short? I’m making a mock-up now and… they’re a bit off-putting.

On the whole “Is Makuta really controlling Kulta” thing…I doubt the story team would make such a point (with an accompanying visual of Makuta’s mask in the sky) if it wasn’t true. They have no reason to lead us astray like that. Ekimu could’ve just as easily said, “I don’t know who Skull Grinder is working for, blah blah blah, let’s go stop him!” Plus, the MoCo in the sky was repeated at the end of the animations (with the addition of evil laughter), making it pretty clear that Makuta is involved in this plot. Never mind the many times the book/animations said he was in control. If they were going to pull a twist and make it not him, they’d have to drop some hints so that it doesn’t seem utterly ridiculous.

On Tahu’s arms, it does seem that they’ll be a little short, not that I look at the poster, but it’s still hard to tell without the actual set in hand. The weapons may make up for the lost length…

4 Likes

Not at all. The trans-orange piece is the same length as the previous gray piece with those barriers, which Tahu and Kopaka both had in '15 on the upper arms.

But the 2016 torso and legs are longer… From what I could make with my limited range of parts it did look a little odd. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

Someone had asked about the waist function and friction. Currently I don’t have my parts to make a mockup, but I believe the piece I thought to be a new neck piece is actually a long CCBS bone (The one with 4 pin holes) with a ball in its socket. If the turnable has a hole in its center you can stick an axle from the ball, through the turntable, and into the crotch piece (although its more likely the crotch piece has an axle molded into it). Thus creating friction for the function if they decide to go that route.

1 Like

I personally don’t see it. I also don’t think Tahu’s legs are longer this year than they were last year. I think they’re bout the same. The other Toa will be almost as tall as Tahu now…although some of the constructions seem to indicate possibly otherwise (Lewa, Pohatu)

Ah, but you see, it DID cause the entire island to shake and crumble, so no matter what his intentions are, he was controlled by the mask and harmed people, and he still does with his Skull Spiders and Skull Creatures!

Now enough with this debate! I don’t care if your avatar is Edgeworth, this needs to end now.

4 Likes

In all seriousness, we all know that Makuta is evil, I just wanted to join in on the fun. :smile:

There are too many facts supporting this to even argue that Makuta isn’t evil. I mean, the guy practices necromancy. Last time I checked, anyone who revives living beings from death only to use them as slaves is extremely morally questionable. Now, if someone were to make hypothesis based around the idea of Makuta becoming good later on… that’s something that can’t be argued for or against. I’m personally against the idea of having a redeemable Makuta, simply because it makes his status as a main villain kind of pointless, but it’s possible nonetheless.

On the topic of the picture we recieved ahem, I think people are reading into it a bit too much. It seems that the Toa use the Glatorian neck piece to connect the head to the torso, and that the neck piece itself connects into a new torso mold and that’s about all we know besides the gear we can see in the lower torso (that’s so cool, aesthetically speaking).

Edit: I find it interesting that they call Umarak a “predator”. That implies that he’s a bit more than just a “hunter”. Instead of just killing for sport, it seems Umarak kills to survive. Also, the shrine in the background might be the home of Ikir (something I had brought up previously wayyyy back before we even knew we’d be getting creatures, since shrines are usually made to venerate spirits and deities)

3 Likes

Woah, a lot has happened here! I’m excited for Ikir, and that Hau… <3 Also, I don’t think we’re getting Glatorian necks as necks this year. The Glatorian neck had a pin-hole and an axle, while this piece has at least two pin-holes.

1 Like

@Tarvaax I can indeed confirm the neck piece is NOT a Glatorian neck. For one it has 2 pin holes, but if you’re still doubtful like I was. may I turn your attention to the three hole molding mark on the ball. This leads me to the conclusion that it is either a long CCBS bone (The one that has 4 holes and the same mark) or a new piece. This gives us a major hint of the internal torso construction.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but I’m a little worried about how flat the creature’s heads will be. I think they look great when attached to the masks we’ve seen them with so far, but on their own they seem a little lacking. The new magazine image shows Ikir from a different angle which is what worries me - it looks very flat.

1 Like