BIONICLE 2016 Pre-Leak Speculation

I’ll just chime in and say that it is 100% incorrect to say that preliminary catalogs only get sent to Lego stores. From what I am to understand, the great majority (if not all) of the catalog leaks that we have been witness to over the last 5 years or more have all been sourced from smaller toy shops that the “leaker” is acquainted with. That’s typically the only way people get to see the catalog.

Lego brand retail stores would likely NEVER allow anybody to see the catalog because they’re closely affiliated with Lego management (duh) and they know proper protocol. So your chances of getting anything from there would be pretty much nonexistent except for some crazy fluke.

-Mesonak

EDIT: Also yeah if Umarak is black and red/trans-orange I’m going to go ballistic. You’ll never hear the end of it on the podcast.

17 Likes

Luckily that may not be the case…

3 Likes

My mistake.

As for the color scheme…

What makes you so sure?

I hope for a black and purple one but that’s not gonna happen
1 because black and orange
2 onua

okay, i just had a call with a friend of mine. he claimed to have seen some of the sets on a russian website, which i will not link to unless the TTV crew asks me to.
he claimed to have seen some of the winter 2016 sets, which were removed from the page a few hours later. sadly he didn’t take any description, but he was able to describe them:

Ketar: Skull-scorpion esque, new boxy armor piece, new mask w/ pincers

Ikir: Flame serpent w/ wrapping function, purple eyestalk

Terak: Spiderlike, purple and black, gatling gun w/ white studs under mouth, wench for abdomen to hang on things with a white string

Pohatu: 2 new axey-blade-dagger weapons, melded mask w/ secondary transparent color Bit bigger,

Gali: 2 javelins, double gear function, boxy armor piece, new torso piece

Tahu: New fire blades that are gold, better leg armor

Onua: Similar to older version, linking weapons like 2004 Whenua, transparent purple armor

Umarak the Hunter: Dark green transparent and black color scheme, houndlike pet on chain, weapon that steals masks

also, as predicted, the toa masks still have the same 2015 mold

lewa, uxar, akida and kopaka+melum were listed but had no pictures.

now, i don’t know if his claims are true. but i DO trust him and i thought it would be fair to share this with all of you

-SwongoBricks/vezon

22 Likes

Swongo :3

Though yeah, i trust that things would leak on said Russian website - whether it happened I’m not sure.

2 Likes

dark green + black sounds awsome I gues we will find out soon enough

5 Likes

I cannot even fathom how this would work.

So…basically a new and improved LOSS?

YES. I NEED THOSE FOR MY MOCs.

GIT HYPED

Seriously though, my palms are getting clammy XP

7 Likes

the wrapping function works with an interesting gear mechanism. my friend mentioned having gears to turn and then one or more in the middle of the snake, which makes some technic beams wrap around objects

5 Likes

how are they going to put functions in 10 dolar sets what’s he gonna wrap around… a pin.

5 Likes

they are all pretty primitive functions. also, there might be a new gearbox

5 Likes

Wait same mask mold :frowning: I’m very sad now

5 Likes

Great Another Scorpion.

[quote=“Vezon, post:791, topic:3038, full:true”]
Ikir: Flame serpent w/ wrapping function, purple eyestalk[/quote]
Finally We’ve will used that piece for our Pre-MOUC Takeover Makuta MOCs.

Terak: Spiderlike, purple and black, gatling gun w/ white studs under mouth, wench for abdomen to hang on things with a white string[/quote]
Another Spider,again?

Nice!

Gali: 2 javelins, double gear function, boxy armor piece, new torso piece[/quote]
CCBS Female Chest Piece that might with used for a lot of Female Characters beside Gali.

CCBS Star Wars Leg Armor Piece?

Onua: Similar to older version, linking weapons like 2004 Whenua, transparent purple armor[/quote]
Wait Trans-purple Armor and Linking Weapons similar to Toa Whenua’s Earthshock Drills.

Umarak the Hunter: Dark green transparent and black color scheme, houndlike pet on chain, weapon that steals masks[/quote]
Trans-Dark Green pieces and a Dog-like pet and a Mask Steal,that is so Awesome to sound.

7 Likes

I hope that scorpion actually resembles those statues at the Shrine of the mask of stone because that would actually make sence.

seeing as every animal that has a connection with the region of stone has been a scorpion. I think it’s safe to say now that everything from that will be a scorpion :confused:

2 Likes

It would be sad if masks are recolours… tho its good for mocs, I would have loved to see new Miru and Hau

6 Likes

exept for metru colors what could they honustly recolor them too

I think it adds to the collectibility value of the sets, like in 01

01: Find the power 15: Feel the power!

9 Likes

To be fair, I would rather have those in small blindbags, and have new masks for each year

9 Likes

I’ts funny. if these would come out and they had 2 masks in them + a head with eystalk and axel they would have the same amount of pieces as the origional bags.

2 Likes