BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Yes! I would love to see new elements in G2. Maybe they should change the elemets of our current Toa team?

2 Likes

Bionicle 2017 is being canceled, thanks Bohrok Obama.

12 Likes

Is that confirmed already?

This got me thinking of something rather insignificant…in this poster, the BIONICLE logo has purple flowing through it, representing Makuta’s original form.

In the last few years, we had light blue in the logo (representing the MoCr), then light green (for the MoC). Next year, I bet a striking red will be used, with the shadowy MoUP in the corner, its sheer power and energy just taring up the rocky backdrop of the logo into smithereens, to furthur up the ante from this year’s MoC bursting through the backdrop…unless the Mask of Time is the signature mask of next year…

5 Likes

If there’s only going to be 3 years of Bonkle G2, they would do all three main Masks before doing the MoT, but I would like to see it in setform…

4 Likes

Lego ends up making a single, golden Mask of Time.

I wonder how, IF they ever do it, how they would make both halves of the Mask fit into a head.

1 Like

you know, Hero Factory also added some new members to the team to make the changine of the team better, so if Takanuva G2 was made in the future along with some other toa figures, then this is ok, because they would be part of the main toa team…

Or LEGO could do it like this:

“I was going to add a Justice League Unlimited image too, but i lost interest in making another one”

Yeah, this is an idea i had for a long time that i came up with durring my suspension.

Basicly our six main toa would after defeating Makuta, go and make a “Toa Order” and a Toa academy where in they trained future toas. so that the six main heroes could be six newly trained Toas with Elemental powers that have never been used by a Toa group before.

Think about this for a second, and this would work as a soft reboot of G2 in that it would take place some time after the events of 2017, with the order allready set up and in action.

and unlike @Tarvaax idea where in the six toa just leave Okoto and go “home”, this idea have all six of the original main heroes, Tahu, Gail, Onua, Lewa, Pohatu and Kopaka still around, but not being the main characters anymore, instead taking on a mentor role or something similar while other Toa characters are in the spotlight. This idea would also work in that we could get both G2 versions of G1 characters, and original toa characters.

6 Likes

How big would you want a Makuta set to be?
I wouldn’t make it larger than 30$ because it would end up being too large to handle.

1 Like

Grievous is more than 30 dollars and yet he is still pretty easy to handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If Grevous wasn’t a Star Wars set he would be much cheaper (just like Phasma, which is at the same price point as Umarak the destroyer… come on, license!).

3 Likes

Even so, if people can handle Witch Doctor, Kardas Dragon, Makuta Teridax, Titan Mata Nui, Bionicle vehicles and similar bunch, they can handle a $30+ set.

4 Likes

Good idea. They from new teams depending on the situation. I still like @Tarvaax’s idea though, just equally.

@DarkHenrik Why is having the Toa go home after defeating Makuta such bad thing? They’ve completed their purpose by then, and I think they deserve to regain their memories and see their beloved ones again. They won’t be needed on Okoto after they stop Makuta.

If the line continues on, you can just replace them with a new, more interesting group of Toa. Power Rangers replaces its main cast every season, and their fans seem to do alright. Also, who says they couldn’t come back in the future?

@AdamustheFirst I still think it’s odd that no one has purposed this, but the second half could attach with the pegs a shell add-on attaches with.

1 Like

I’m just talking about my personal experience.
I always found large sets a bit “unwieldy” as a kid. For example, I had trouble playing with the Axalara and Skopio, and I could never find a way to pose Sidorak properly (that was probably due to the flimsy joints mine has, though).

I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be awesome to get an even larger Makuta though.

1 Like

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:1261, topic:19964”]
If the line continues on, you can just replace them with a new, more interesting group of Toa. Power Rangers replaces its main cast every season, and their fans seem to do alright.[/quote]
I don’t think Power Rangers is a good argument.

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:1261, topic:19964”]
Also, who says they couldn’t come back in the future?[/quote]

you pritty much gave the answer for why they should not be brought back youself:

however you keep on saying that their destiny is to defeat Makuta, even though Bionicle never introduced the heroes as “my destiny is to defeat Makuta” they where introduced as “my destiny is to defeat evil and save the island” and how do you know if Makuta is said evil, the books and graphic novels never declared Makuta to be the true evil that was rising on Okoto, so for all we know, he could just be like Garmadon in season one and two of Ninjago, where in they clame he and his son is destined to fight one another, but only to reveal that Garmadon is not even the true evil that the Green ninja must defeat, but instead a pawn of said evil.

And if we where to go by your idea, i must just ask… What is the point to introduce six new heroes, when the story is done. there is no reason to make six new original heroes when the adventure is over, what evil could possibly come after G2’s mask of power trilogy story? who knows because it would just seem dum if a new evil just shows up after the main six just left, kind of making it look like Ekimu made a huge mistake in sending the toa back, and why do you think that the toa are from a different world, the story like i said have hinted that the toa have ties to Okoto’s history.

by the way, G1 never introduced a toa team that was build up of original characters. instead they re-introduced us to old characters but as toa, like the turaga who as we learned wherer the Toa Metru, and then the main matorans who became the Toa Inika and later Toa Mahri. the only time we got original characters in G1 was durring the Bara Magna run.

well Gali could be a good one, i mean given how little she have been doing in the theme so far, it would be refreshing to have her be the representative for 2017.

2 Likes

I just thought of an interesting question (which, given this topic’s ability to veer between subjects, has likely been asked already). We know that LEGO has, in 2015 and 2016, used one of the six Toa as a “representative” for that year, appearing most often in media, images, and ads. 2015 used Tahu, and while 2016 kept using him, Kopaka was utilized as the representative for the Unity function, gaining a larger set as a result.

So, my question–if this trend continues among next year’s Toa, who do you want to be the representative?

1 Like

Tahu and Kopaka are always the most loved so I think they’ll be back again.

WE WANT POHATU AS A REPRESENTATIVE LELELEL

2 Likes

You know, I wonder what the function for 2017 will be. I’m thinking everyone will be like Ekimu, with a combination of both.

3 Likes

I can see from your personal shelves that you posted pictures of on another thread is that you dont have much room for large space taking sets, so I get why you wont like large sets, they are hard to find space for. :slight_smile:

1 Like