BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Well folks, we’ve gotten set pictures for all of 2016, and a rough idea of where the story is going, and so it’s about time we looked ahead to the future. We know that G2 is confirmed for at least a 3-year run, so next year could likely wrap up most of the plot from 2015 and 2016.

So what do you think will happen in 2017, both with sets, and with story? Discuss below, but please avoid causing spam or off-topic posts.

danke <3

3 Likes

Maybe we should start off by what sets you want to see? Personally I’d like a final wave of the current Toa, although many don’t seem to want this. I’d like it because it would be great for a final battle with Makuta, and if Bionicle doesn’t continue past 2017, it would be a great sendoff.

But what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Seeing how it is the probable end of BIONICLE G2, I’m guessing we’re not getting any new Toa.

Yay hurray for the same exact characters…

4 Likes

I mean, why change your main characters in the final act? That would be absurd.

12 Likes

Do you think any of the main characters will die?

It is,
But I’m sick of Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Onua, Kopaka, and Pohatu
They’re more boring than a sack of Potatoes leaning on a wall

4 Likes

I think its going to turn out that Makuta is actually Ekimu, and he uses the mask of Control to make the Toa kill each other.

Then they wake up and they’re like “No, what have I done?”

6 Likes

???

How do you die and then wake up?

11 Likes

It was all a dream… plz no

6 Likes

They wake up on the inside.

4 Likes

#Seems Legit.

13 Likes

How about Umarak slaughters all the toa and okotans then explodes okoto while Ekimu watches hopelessly :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Seriously though, I don’t know what to think what will happen next year. I imagine if it is the last year for G2 (I don’t think it is myself), the Toa will get some of ultimate upgrade of ultimateness. As for the villians, well Makuta would be one. The rest… Well we’ve had spooky skeletons and now beasts, so Idk.

I think this myself, it’s way too early IMO. Though it is just speculation, and the next wave are somewhat being close to release.

2 Likes

it’d be cool if there were shadow wraiths as makuta’s minions

full on 7v7 battle with the toa and Ekimu, unless Ekimu gets taken down early so it’s just the toa against makuta and his warriors, 6v7

######I’m of the belief this topic is being made a bit too early though

5 Likes

At the end of 2017, Makuta is redeemed, and the Toa turn evil, so the Protectors, led by Ekimu, will have to stop the Toa in 2018.

1 Like

I want Rahkshi for one wave
And something completely new, like the skellies and beasts, for the other wave

6 Likes

Though I doubt it will happen, I’d be down for the Uniters being the last planned variation of the toa, and the medium sets be all villains next year.

Furthermore, I’d like for the small sets to be villagers with notable/useful professions for preventing the rise of Makuta.

It would also be nice to have Axxon/Brutaka style good titans to counteract the first wave of villains.

TL:DR I’d like the year to start with and '06 style lineup and end off how they’ve done G2 thus far.

Story wise, I think it would be kind of cool to see the previous pawns of Makuta turn against him and help the good guys in the final fight.

3 Likes

Hoo boy, here we go

There’s a slight difference from what I want to see and what I think will happen. Otherwise from the heavy implication that the MoUP and Makuta will be the Mac Guffin and main baddy for that year, we really know nothing.

I suppose I’d like to see the current Toa one last time to give some finality to their evolution. Like they’ve become one with their elements or Holy Knights of Light or whatever :stuck_out_tongue:.

The medium baddy I would hope to be a sort of decayed Makuta harkening back to his protector form, which fans have expressed a desire for. Since the MoCo will probably be destroyed perhaps he could have a transparent smoky head.

The small sets I would like to see divided with half good and the other evil. It wouldn’t completely balance everything out but it’s a start.

Now the most important part, the summer. If the budget stays the same I would prefer if one $15 set was cut to further develop the rest of the sets. Maybe if the winter small set count was decreased like it was in 07’ it would help beef up the summer villians into Titans. People want stellar bad guys this year, and I really hope the team delivers.

7 Likes

Well, for one thing, I don’t think it’s even worth wondering if we’ll get new Toa. Even if G2 goes on for more than three years, next year is (presumably) the big battle with Makuta and the MoUP, and as @Chronicler said, it would be ridiculous for LEGO to harp on the six Toa being those who will defeat Makuta and then replace them with a new team as the final battle begins.

As for sets, I don’t know what to expect, but I hope the Toa will be more unique, more in the vein of 2015 than this year. I like the Uniters, but they are too similar in construction, which reminds me of the latter years of G1, where Toa Teams tended to be relatively similar in build (now, the Uniters make up for that by having functions and ingenuity, but they’re still a little cookie-cutter for my liking). 2015 had builds that really highlighted the strengths of CCBS by creating uniquely-shaped characters with distinct physical personalities, and I’m hoping that 2017 returns to that philosophy. In terms of function, I’m not sure what else the LEGO team can come up with in terms of team-based functions. Arms and waist are really the only good “playable” functions for action figures.

Story-wise, I definitely want a more intense, stakes-driven story. Makuta should be a big bad worthy of the name, and the Toa should be pushed to their limits to defeat him, perhaps even getting defeated themselves for a time. Ekimu dying might be a good shocker, but it’s also something many might expect. Killing one or more of the Toa would be shocking, but difficult given their main-character status.

I like @ColdGoldLazarus’s idea about a Rahkshi-inspired wave of villains, but I’d be more interested in a group of “anti-Toa,” as that allows the people who want more Toa characters to be satisfied, and opens the door for more elements and cool masks. Titan Ekimu and Makuta sets would also be a nice thing to have–and, of course, the MoUP in set form (almost certain to happen) and the new Vahi (possible).

All in all, since this is presumably the finale and possibly the last year of G2, I hope LEGO will go all-out with sets and story, to give this generation of BIONICLE the final hurrah that G1 deserved. Hopefully, JtO will be renewed/extended, possibly with more episodes, and we’ll get a bunch of awesome sets and a great story to round out the line.

Although, if I had one wish overall, it would be that BIONICLE does well and merits a fourth, or even a fifth year.

12 Likes

I’m extremely interested in what kind of functions appear next year. They could use the waist or arm functions again (maybe even both like Ekimu), some other uniform function, or perhaps even individualized functions like the creatures.

6 Likes