BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

I would really like that, but given the larger scale of the Toa, six individualized functions would likely take away from the piece count of each Toa, or result in the Winter Wave (the Toa, based on the pattern) being more expensive, leading to a further-decreased budget for the Summer Wave. If they could do it without sacrificing the Toa’s appearances, or without decreasing the Summer Wave’s budget, then I’d be thrilled to have unique functions.

Running with this topic, are there any new team functions you guys think would be cool? What functions would you like to see? Perhaps if LEGO sees these boards, they’ll be inspired by our ideas (although they’re likely already designing the 2017 sets)…

1 Like

The toa will be affected by the goo that UTD so commonly throws around. From this, they are permanently fused to their creatures, becoming basically elemental powerhouses. Most likely a pre-existing function would be used. 10 dollar sets would be villagers or some other macguffin. The enemies are 6 anti-Toa created by Makuta to kill the Toa in the Summer.

Now obviously there are some wildly unlikely things in my expectations but I do fully expect the Toa to do something with their creatures and become Gods or somethin’.

2 Likes

I completely agree even it might leave us with a cliffhanger but we don’t know what’s happening in summer wave of 2016 fully. I think a new set of Toa would be awesome.

wake me up

wake me up inside

That sounds so cool…

The Elemental Knights…

5 Likes

winter wave: 6 toa, 6 smaller figures to go along with some new gimmick, and a villain
summer wave: makuta, 4 other baddies

story:
toa muck around, a new gimmick aka macguffin in the story allows them to do something with 6 elemental counterparts
they beat up a baddie
then like, baddie either dies or gets transformed, makuta appears lmao they get rekt, then ekimu comes in all cool, saves the toa, the toa beat up the side characters, ekimu beats up makuta, most likely loses, the toa use some sort of macguffin final power to beat makuta, and save ekimu, then, some sort of lame stupid plottwist to connects g2 to g1, and the series ends.

It really isnt hard to figure out anymore.

3 Likes

Well if Makuta creating beings by from the dark sides of The Toa based on the G1 Villains, like Tahu’s Dark side is a Visorak Piraka,Gali’s is a Barraki, Onua’s is a Skrall,Kopaka’s is a Vahki,Lewa’s is a Rahkshi, & Pohatu’s is a Vorox,but Ekimu might used the Mask of Time to bring a Mysterious Being only know as “Takanuva,The Toa of Light.”

1 Like

I agree that most types of twists involving a connection would be unnecessary, which is why I think a connection should be made subtly at best, if at all. We already know that the Toa hail from a “different time and place,” so if that place is the G1 universe, I’d prefer that the story end with the Toa being “sent back to where they came from,” allowing us fans to connect the dots without bringing in a convoluted connection story or referencing too much of G1…

1 Like

For completely unrealistic wishes, I want titan sized toa next year and a mega titan sizes Makuta.

For unlikely but possible wishes, I want a Exo Toa esque set that either fits all toa (seperatly) or can be rebuilt for each toa, and a winter wave of villians and mega titan sized Makuta

For desperate wishes that must happen, mega titan sized Makuta. If that doesn’t happen i will cry :sob:

1 Like

My thoughts (hopes):

• Titan Makuta with Mask of Ultimate power
  • Ekimu dies to help weaken Makuta
  • The Toa are forced to unite more than ever before
  • The Toa use their UNITY to defeat Makuta, not just Ekiu being OP
  • Hopefully a more developed villain wave for the Toa to struggle to defeat
  • The knights thing sounds cool
  • The Toa, after the battle, are forced to work together to rebuild as more than just warriors
  • The death Ekimu tests and strengthens them
  • The villagers help fight the baddies to give the Toa a chance to take on Makuta

Also, I know it’s not happening, and while I want G2 to be separate and different from G1, I want to see rahkshi. Just saying.

4 Likes

I have some weird hunches about the story and where it’s going…but I will likely expect that Ekimu fails in protecting Okoto from Makuta, because his life is drained form the massive battle with the beasts and Umarak. The Toa have, once again, lost their masks and have nothing more to turn to. With his remaining strength, Ekimu gives the Toa their final masks in order to face Makuta. Makuta is reborn, the Toa gain new elemental powers (Kal powers along with their normal elemental powers) and the battle is to ensue. I feel like a kaita-like battle might ensue…but I also think Makuta will set loose Shadow Toa, beings like the Toa which can match them in every way…kind of like all the Makuta in G1 in Karda Nui (?). I think this will happen, but have no idea.

Also, there must be a final evolution for the Toa. I don’t get why people are so against a third and final version of the Toa, like get over it. It’s a toy line, even comic book characters had a bunch of design changes over the years. Also…a couple of posts suggested Ekimu being Makuta, Toa killing each other, etc., etc…now I assume this is all satirical or a bunch of silly needless jests, but if it’s serious…kid’s series. Toys. JtO pretty much confirms this.

2 Likes

Makuta will prove too powerful for the Toa, and as they’re laying on the ground hopeless in this situation, out of nowhere Toa Voriki jumps in and stabs Makuta in the back, and taking the MoUP and crushing it in his hands as he helps the Toa up.

100% accurate, do not steal.

5 Likes

Obviously Makuta will appear in some form. Maybe he’ll be the big bad of the wave, or maybe it will be some sort of being made from the MoUP. I’d be interested in seeing Takanuva return, though I feel like they’d put some sort of foreshadowing to another toa, and personally, I haven’t seen it. And the second half of the Vahi will likely make an appearance. But who knows, maybe LEGO’s saving that for some sort of potential fourth year or beyond if Bionicle sold well enough?

3 Likes

I’ll tell you what I hope won’t happen. I hope we don’t have more golden masks and I hope the Toa keep their uniter forms and instead we have two waves of villains.

4 Likes

I don’t really see the appeal of the toa getting upgraded again for 2017. It’s part of why I was more interested in the creatures when the 2016 winter wave was first leaked. Don’t upgraded get kinda boring after a while?

1 Like

The gun has been jumped.

What I’m wondering is- what’re the small sets going to be? At this point, they’d either have to be new hero characters, which is most likely, upgraded Creatures/Protectors, or, least likely, small villains :smiley:

3 Likes

But not the shark…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I Really want a second toa team to …wait for it help the Uniters defeat Makuta all other sets are villans

I really just want to watch okoto burn :grinning:

I have a twisted mind

2 Likes

Lego wouldn’t do that, though…

9 Likes