BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Well. Lego did allow Mata nui to be completely destroyed by a giant robot, so it wouldn’t be that unusual.

4 Likes

I want to see a big titan set, like UtD, but bigger and more “titan-y”… I think a new wave of toa wouldn’t be necessary but they may still do it, because what other heroes could they use if it weren’t new versions of the “original gang”.

I’m sort of still expecting them to follow the format they’ve been using so far, so 2017 would be:

-three 20 dollar Toa
-three 15 dollar Toa
-6 small good guy sets with one small bad guy each
-a moderately sized villain

And that would be the winter wave.
The summer wave, though… They don’t seem to have a set plan for those, since this year’s summer wave is arranged different to last year’s.
Admittedly, Umarak TH is a bigger set than the Lord of Skull Spiders, so in that sense, they didn’t completely follow a formula in the winter wave either.
Something I think most people will agree on, though, is that Makuta will appear at least once as a big set in the summer wave. Perhaps he’ll be the minor villain set in the winter wave as well… I wouldn’t be surprised to see the major villain appear in two different forms!
Either way, there will most likely be a big Makuta set, and if you ask me, I think new Toa are a given as well.
I’m also expecting there to be a new Ekimu as part of the summer wave, as a standalone set.
I guess that leaves the financial gap in the summer wave to be filled by minor bad guys, whatever those might be…

For some reason, that is the only thing that immediately pops up in my head when I think about villains for 2017, apart from Makuta.
Of course, we’d only have a couple of 15 dollar shadow Toa, but they could still do something decent with that.

2 Likes

I don’t get all this “hatred” for another upgrade… We all know it will happen because Lego has to sell sets and they won’t keep the Uniters on the shelves for a year and a half. Also the Uniters don’t really look like a “final form” imho. Insert Frieza “You fool, this isn’t even my final form!” meme.

As for their masks I would really like to see something like this

Probably a bit too futuristic, but an “upgraded master mask” would look cool imho.

As far as the winter wave goes, I would like to see less sets. By this I mean:

• 3 20$ Toa sets
  • 3 15$ Toa sets
  • 2 9/10$ small sets (Ekimu and Makuta? G2 Chronicler and Makuta?)
  • 3 20$ Villain sets or 4 15$ Villain sets

As far as villains go, we know we will get Makuta, but do we really know if he will be a Titan set? I mean, even a Toa sized set would make him justice: not every major villain has to be a huge bone-crushing monster, and I believe that a Toa/Umarak sized Makuta would make him look even more threatening.

Probably this could leave more space for great looking minor villain sets in summer (looking at you beasts), as Lego doesn’t have to put all of their money in a single Titan set.

14 Likes

Maybe to have a good reason to get rid of the Creatures, you could have the Toa fuse with the them to make Supah upgrades. For small sets you could have Rahkshi-like creatures. The villain could be Makuta with the MoCr and the MoUP, with a Ultimate Dume form in summer with the MoT.

Tahu, Knight of Fire.
I LOVE IT!

2 Likes

Those are some nice masks, just make lewa’s a little slimmer.

will 2017 be the year of new feet… LEGO pls I’m sick of the beast and charracter feet

2 Likes

But they work pretty well…
And having new feet yearly ends up with too many feet to keep track of.

1 Like

I see what you did there.

Anyway, storywise, I hope Ekimu is kind of in the background until the end where he has an emotional moment with his brother. I also kind of want new Protector sets with vehicles.

3 Likes

What if they bring back piraka feet?

Also finally, 2017 topic, my speculation can be unleashed

If Lego can’t afford to keep the unites selling in 2017, then just don’t sell any toa at all. There are many other sorts of Bionicle sets they can sell.

Also, what’s with the eagerness to get rid of the creatures?

1 Like

Bionicle Stars G2

I’m sure everyone would love that. It was a great way to send off the original, and it’s definitely the best and only way to send off this year!

7 Likes

No stop it.

1 Like

So here’s my legitimate theory as to what will happen with the future of Bionicle:

In Winter 2017…

• Lego will likely stick to their pattern for Winter Waves thus far
    • Three $20 Toa (being Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua)
    • Three $15 Toa (being Lewa, Pohatu, and Gali)
      • These upgrades possibly have completely unique functions like the creatures of 2016, likely with terrible color schemes because Lego is color blind
    • Six $10 small sets
      • It’s unlikely, but maybe they could have a transforming function, like turning into a weapon or something. Probably not though. They’ll probably just be the creatures again (at least function-wise)
    • One villain set
      • Will probably be a $15 set, perhaps another humanoid akin to Umarak

As far as story goes,

• Makuta finds a new mook (let’s call him George) to find the MoUP for him
  • The Toa get new new upgrades from Ekimu to fight George
  • I’m not sure about the small sets, but maybe they’ll be some sort of robot helper or something
  • The Toa will defeat George, but in doing so somehow cause Makuta to regain his body, and he puts on the MoUP and becomes a god 'n such

In Summer 2017…

• While Lego’s strategy towards Summer waves is less clear, it’s possible to discern a few things:
    • It will likely feature a Titan Makuta, akin to Kulta and Umarak the Destroyer
      • Based on what we know from the 2015 Animations, his color scheme will likely be black and red (much to Meso’s chagrin)
    • It will likely feature a few mooks
      • Said mooks will likely parallel a few of the color schemes of the Toa, probably the three $20 ones like in 2016
    • It will likely feature Ekimu, who will somehow be different from his past two versions
      • Maybe he’ll be a titan, but I doubt it. More than likely he’ll be a Toa-sized set again

Meanwhile in the (probably lame excuse for a) story…

• Makuta will be reking everything with his god powers
  • He creates these mooks (let’s call them Lawrences) to destroy the Toa
  • The Toa work together with Ekimu to defeat the Lawrences
  • Ekimu has to defeat his bro, but gits rekt
  • It’s up to the Toa to defeat Makootie, cue the line “It’s our Destiny to defeat him”
  • They beat Makootie, destroy the MoUP
  • Somehow they learn that they’re actually from G1 and some sorta magic pulled them over (the big reveal of G2 akin to the GSR but lamer)
  • the end, cue the credits

I don’t believe that Lego will continue Bionicle past 2017. I wouldn’t mind if they did, but I don’t expect they will. Thus, the story ends with the Toa going back to G1.

9 Likes

three years is too short

I agree with everything you’re saying, with just one single gripe.
The green has been ignored. Again.
Lewa and his colleagues have been met with the least appreciation LEGO could possibly give, always being that one guy in the background with the cool one-liners. The only Toa of the Green that was really done the greatest justice was Nidhiki, and not coincidentally, he is my favorite Toa of all time.
Already harboring feelings of resentment towards black, red, and white for apparently being the “cool” colors for kids these days and LEGO perpetually handing them lead roles and large sets, it dissapoints, nay, angers, me to see Lewa get shoved into the dinky, (Usually) badly designed set lineup again. Tahu and Kopaka get their twenty buck super-sets, and Lewa heads to the bargain bin.
So please LEGO, give the Green a good set for once. Karz it, give all three typically 15 buck sets a big upgrade (That’d be a nice surprise). It’s your last year, probably, and I ask that you please just do my BAE Lewa some justice.
Thanks,
FetCetTewTreeFewrSavenSeix

I assume that JtO is the only Bionicle media you have ever consumed, because otherwise, my point stands.