Bionicle art dump 2

I really like the idea of showing the use of Kanohi powers where possible, though I think it could maybe be a bit more obvious in Bomonga and Norik’s cases; their Kanohi let them both change sizes far more than is shown here, though I suppose it might be difficult to show them both in adequate detail at such different scale. I’d be fine if Norik was drawn super tiny without much detail if necessary though, since we already know what he looks like.

Also, I feel like a supersized Bomonga would work better if he were closer to the background of the shot than the foreground.

I can’t really complain about the other four though; good call to have Kualus riding a Rahi, and the overall positioning seems to be good enough to show details of all six figures.

4 Likes

Great call on Bomonga. I was planning on drawing each toa (minus Norik) on a separate canvas so that way I could paste their images onto the artwork and have close ups of the toa .

EDIT: I reworked the positioning a bit.

5 Likes

I think Pouks should be a little bit closer . At this position he might be covered up by Bomongas’ shield

1 Like

Maybe I can put his shield higher up the arm or on his back for Bomonga.

I definitely agree that this positioning is better.

And as long as Bomonga’s shield is on his back like you said, I don’t think any of the shields will be much in the way.

1 Like

Progress on Bomonga.

4 Likes

Good.

I want to see Bomonga’s massive limbs in their full glory.

3 Likes

Progress. I added the shield to accommodate for the rules but I’m planning to draw him with and without the shield.

EDIT: it’s gotten really annoying drawing the weapons because I do the body first but the weapons cover up too much detail.

5 Likes

I like that creature Kualus is riding, kinda reminds me of a taun taun

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s supposed to be a breed of Kikanalo with more raptor-like proportions

1 Like

I’m working on a blade piece for Pouks. It’s based directly off the original moc and I need some feedback before doing the lineart.

6 Likes

Looks pretty neat, although it seems slightly overdesigned and a little bit unnecessary.

3 Likes

I guess it’s over designed but the original piece was crammed with details as well so I wanted to match the texture. I felt the need for a new blade because the original felt a little light in weight but I really liked that piece so I went and modified it.

1 Like

Overall, I’d say it looks pretty good.

I do have one suggestion though: if you move the added-on parts closer to the base of the blade, then they could be 3d-printed separately and attached to the official piece that Pouks currently uses.

1 Like

I gave it a shot. Any thoughts?

5 Likes

Made a mask based off SpecterL’s mask of clairvoyance and Bitil’s prototype

4 Likes

A sketch I’m using as a base for my next Orde design.
Things to note:

1. I imagined Orde as more of a brute so his body plan resembles that of a barbarian ie. Metal gauntlets, skirt and bare chest.
  2. I’m still giving him a “mask of anger”, this time it’s based on Furno’s hero factory brain attack helmet. I like it more and it fits the design language of Bionicle quite well.
    I just need to figure out what the skirt would look like irl. I can figure out the rest but it’s be nice if someone gave moc references.

4 Likes

Ballpoint pen sketch gang rise up

I like the design reasoning and reusing a Hero factory head for a mask!

2 Likes

Doing some studies of mocs to help flesh out my Orde design. I thought it’d be cool to give him a necklace.

6 Likes

Working on a certain outcast toa.

11 Likes