Bionicle art dump 2

Here’s a bunch of artworks related to bionicle that I didn’t want to make a topic for.

Here are two sketches for what I might do for the art contest. The first one is a clear homage to the Toa Mata with Kualus sitting on a bird rahi. The second was inspired by Star Wars, since they were Terry’s bodyguards I wanted to give the feel of the royal guards surrounding Palpatine. Nonetheless I’m unsure what to do for the contest.

These two are designs I made for Tuyet. What happened was that I went back to the drawing board to make a new design but I ending up refining my first sketch. The legs could use a little work tho.

And this one is a colored drawing of a prototype kakama for 2015.

28 Likes

noice art
I especially like the first 2 drawings.

1 Like

Thanks. BTW which of my hagah sketches would be better for a group shot?

1 Like

This would work, but mostly if you would swap Norik’s and Pouks’ positions. For two major reasons:
Pouks is actually important for the contest and we would be able to see his armor on Bs01 more easily then.

Otherwise this would be better.

This is really good looking. I hope you’re gonna be able to recreate it really good.

I like this mask aswell. Looks a little like Photok’s kakama

2 Likes

I placed Norik in front because he’s the leader but yeah that makes sense.

Thanks I haven’t had a lot of luck so far but practice makes perfect.

Here’s the actual thing.

6 Likes

Hm. I’ve never seen it before.

Now I had always just thought of Tuyet as another generic shaped character, but this changes my perception, a “big boned” Tuyet would look really cool and would provide healthy “representation” that would still be cohesive with the Bionicle world.
I would love to build this, would people be allowed to make Mocs inspired by your design?

*and by healthy I mean not some Metru canister lid trash.

2 Likes

Oh of course! I would love that! Oh yeah one thing, her shoulder armor is supposed to be something like a takadox head

My brother just brought '07 Takanuva so I suspected it was such! So does that mean some of her blue would be that glow and the dark stuff?

I mean if you were trying to be crazy accurate then the armor would be mata or metru blue but now that you think of it, glow in the dark sounds really cool!

2 Likes

Tuyet do be thicc tho

3 Likes

4 Likes

Currently working on a crossover illustration. Is it Mata Nui? Is it Makuta? You decide.

4 Likes

Here’s my Noble kadin on the winning Gaaki because I don’t want it to get buried in that topic. Also a sketch I did on someone’s Lariska moc.

5 Likes

Here are my attempts at drawing purified versions of the mistika makuta masks and a practice sketch for Gaaki in the upcoming art contest.

5 Likes

This was more a less a pretty accurate depiction of the winners… foresight

2 Likes

They’re all based on Perp so I wouldn’t say so

EDIT: I made a stylised drawing of the winning Bomonga. I’m not sure if this style would be allowed but I like it anyways and I’m not interested in using it.

7 Likes

A while back I did some sketching for Iruni to see how he’d look in the Miramax style. One thing I noticed was that even if two characters share the same piece, that piece may look different depending on the character.

3 Likes

This here is a sketch I made for the art contest. I’m planning to draw each toa (minus norik and iruni) individually and then paste them onto the canvas so I can show enough of the hagah to make a clear picture. I need some feedback on the layout, poses and composition so I can make it as good as possible in the line art. If this is going on the wiki, I’m at least going to make it professionally.

Edit: I’m planning to add their shields later, I just need to position them so that it doesn’t obstruct the Toa.

6 Likes

Added Norik and Iruni. Looks better but feedback is still needed

2 Likes