BIONICLE Autopsy Discussion

…of course! Why didn’t I see it before? The ghostly image at the end was the new golden mask from the 2015 leak poster!

Don’t quote me on that, though. Because I couldn’t get a good screenshot of it. Is there anyone who did?

dude thats deep

now some thing more happy:

One is the face of terror. the other is the picture from the end of the video

7 Likes

Looks kind of like the Vahi from the second movie on initial inspection. But I could be wrong. Also, thanks, Greencaps, for the screencap!

The video made me think completely I’ve seen it before with friends of mine and other series. Some people take it differently, some people couldn’t care less if they used hero factory parts in the new sets on the hand people thing they have to be like they were before and never use hero factory. Nostalgia shouldn’t guide what we think on change. We should remember the past and if we still have things from it be happy with it and not cast out the new. Most of the bionicle community was sad when it was cancelled(I didn’t find out until the second wave of hero factory sets) but yet still when we have hope of it returning people are mad of simple things like the parts being used or simplifying the story. In summary we should just be happy that it’s coming back and not judge it for the change it brings into the series and sets.

2 Likes

No problem
and
I sorta think its eljay’s face just to put it right under our noses.

not gonna sleep tonight
nope

did anybody else hear the whispering at the end? ._.

4 Likes

yes and now I’m even more scared thanks

Kind of looks like “Eljay” has a Piraka grin. XD

EDIT:
I wanted to re-post what I commented on the video.

Quite a psychological episode, and very true. It’s good to think that we as fans of the first generation are indeed at large right here and now, but it’s also good to keep in mind that this is for the next generation above all others. For the most part, we are the ones who should pass on the original story, since we are so fond of it. LEGO doesn’t need to keep it going, because WE are the ones who will do the job for them.

2 Likes

This episode made me cry… I killed Bioni- AND OH GOD THE FACE AT THE END

2 Likes

No way on earth would Eljay ever consent to his face being posted on the internet, even if he could be rest assured nobody would know it was him (which in this case, he couldn’t be since it’s being suggested)

I heard no whispering at the end…o.o

Don’t suppose it was something like “you killed Bionicle…”?

Great Autopsy. My fav show :smiley:

Another great autopsy var!

Wow, that video really kinda hit me right in the feels man. I know that I’ve been feeling what you’ve been saying lately, and that I’ve been on a MASSIVE nostalgia kick, (which is the reason I’m now back into BIONICLE) but I can’t help but feel guilty.
My childhood wasn’t exactly a simple time, I understood, even when I was five that the world was kinda screwed up. I tried to hide from the real world, and to be honest, I still am hiding, because its easier right? But until 2007, I didn’t have that kind of refuge, I had no video games or interesting books to read, but then came this awesome LEGO theme featuring build able action figures and an extremely relatable story and characters that I connected with and loved. BIONICLE became my refuge from the real world, It helped me get through some tough times in life, knowing that somewhere out there, somebody else knew how it felt to be powerless in your own body and alone.I was never very open and have just recently began to start sharing my feelings with others so at the same time, I didn’t talk with anyone about it, not even my parents. I felt like BIONICLE was mine in a sense, I felt like I could control it and decide what was true and what wasn’t. I felt like this world was created for me, but then in 2010, I felt like LEGO was taking away something that wasn’t theirs.
It really broke my heart, but again, since I had nobody to talk to before, I still had no one to talk to now, when I needed it most. Don’t get me wrong, I have some pretty great friends who would try to help out with a lot of my problems, but None of them understood the attachment I felt to simple pieces of plastic.
After watching the video, I felt kinda guilty of my recent nostalgia. I felt guilty about wanting BIONICLE back and having another little hole to crawl away in, (I have enough as it is now) but most of all I felt guilty about wanting BIONICLE to stay the same.
You were right when you said humans don’t react to change well, and when that change happens to something you love, it can hurt because it feels like you had no say, you were powerless, which is the exact reason I gravitated towards BIONICLE in the first place.
I do understand why LEGO would change the story, it’s confusing, conflicting and massivly weird, which is why I loved it even more, and I do want BIONICLE to be a multi-generational treasure. But, I’m biased, in fact we’re all biased and I suppose it’s really just a question of how you’re going to let your biases influence you. Personally, I’m still happy BIONICLE is coming back at all, and even if the story happens to be terrible and the characters severely flawed, like a bad movie, I’m going to stick through to the end.

Wow, that got way too long, I feel as though I should’ve made a seperate topic for this. anyways, if you made it to te end of this, thanks I guess, and I apologize for using the internet as a venting space.

6 Likes

I would say that I didn’t plan on sleeping tonight, but it’s nearly one in the morning in England, at the time of this being typed, and that face at the end hopefully won’t give me nightmares… It’s probably just the face of a woman screaming-the features kinda look feminine to me- distorted by the static to make it creepy, along with the altered MOL music…
Still, Var, this was an amazing episode, and I understand what you mean-despite only getting into Bionicle in 2008, myself. Even if this new Bionicle has the HF/Chima build system, I wouldn’t mind-the new system is awesome.

this video was very interesting. i can understand your point, var. it was something i didn’t come to think of myself.
luckily we have people like you.
for me it wouldn’t be a problem if the story is crap. i really just want to see how people get into it and what they do with it. bionicle is about building and sharing mocs, being creative, but most importantly telling a good story (in my opinion).
and although the story might be crap to US, the new generation will propably enjoy it, which is the only important thing.
still, i also think WE can enjoy the new bionicle. how crappy it might seem to us, we can surely make it awesome for ourselves. bionicle fans were always creating their own storys with their own characters. why shouldn’t we be able to that with the new bionicle aswell?
also: i think the face looks like the eyes are ripped out.

2 Likes

THAT WAS CREEPY!!!

4 Likes