BIONICLE Boxart Dicussion Topic

Hey there.

So I figured since we don’t have one, we could make a BIONICLE Boxart Discussion Topic! Here we can discussion what you love/hate about any set’s boxart throughout BIONICLE’s twelve year history. What gets your nostalgia juices pumping? What makes you cringe? Post it down below!

ps if the mods want to rename this to a general LEGO boxart discussion then be my guest.

9 Likes

I like boxart when the set being advertised is actively worked into the environment, instead of them just standing on some rocks against a background. This started around 2005 and looks the worst in '09.

10 Likes

yeah the glatorian sets in my opinion had some of the worst boxarts

3 Likes

I agree with you there, but personally I like the 2015 box art. It’s colorful, while the 2016 ones are kind of darker toned, like 2016 is the new '06.

4 Likes

I love The box art for this year it’s just groovy man.

2009-2010 had thee worst box art of all time.

1 Like

The chain-linked fences now replaced with chained bear traps! ow the edge

12 Likes

But 2006 was the best Bionicle year of them all.
######/s
I like the darker tone it seem more like real life to me.

1 Like

I guess I also like the ruins and the villages in the backgrounds of the 2015 art. idk. G2 has the best boxart, tbh.

1 Like

http://lego.brickinstructions.com/07000/7138/002.jpg

12 Likes

10 Likes

well I really love the 2001 boxart

4 Likes

I like the direction G2 has been going with its box art lately, it’s very atmospheric and inspired. I like seeing the Toa in their respective environments and the sort of mystical feel some of them have. I also enjoy the small details some of them have, such as the twin moons and structures on the protectors boxart, making the characters feel like they’re part of an actual world.

LEGO did an exellent job overall with the boxart for G2, and I really hope they continue this style rather than going to the dull, samey boxart style present in G1s later years. Oh yeah, speaking of the later years, I like how dynamic the newer boxart is this time around, seeing the characters in action rather than just standing there.

6 Likes

I freaking love the box art for Uniter Tahu and Ikir. You got Tahu going for the mask while Ikir is like “Don’t worry Tahu, I totally got these shadow traps taken care of…”

And I also noticed how 2015 Tahu’s box art has LOSS on it. It’s very small, so have a sharp eye when you look for it. I don’t know why it’s like that. Why include LOSS when he wasn’t even at the location of the golden mask of fire and he’s so tiny?

4 Likes

not to mention the fact that on every creature box art it features their respective toa in the background and every toa has their receptive creature in the back ground on their box art

and of course kopaka and melum feature umarak in their back ground

7 Likes

I loved all of the boxarts, except maybe for the '06 Piraka wave. And for the Mahri wave.

2 Likes

I always loved that kind of thing. They first really started having it was in the Breakout, and I guess a few times in the 2009 artwork.

3 Likes

Bonkles always had ugly boxart.

Nuff said.

I dunno man, Barraki boxart was pretty neat imo,

6 Likes