BIONICLE cameos in non-BIONICLE related stuff!

And I totally did, too

It’s obvious the same designer(s) of the Ninjago city modulars is/are responsible for the design of this set, given how dense the build is and how many references are packed in. Monkie Kid is now the better Ninjago in terms of set quality/show quality.

5 Likes

Well they are kinda inspired by the classic space robots too, which would make sense since the 3rd wave is space inspired

1 Like

So uh, not sure if anyone sent this one, but in one Thor comic, there are two references to Bionicle, there’s this with a creature that has Spinax’s head and Maxilos’s body. And there’s another panel with Thor standing on a Metru foot

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

3 Likes

yup someone’s posted it before

I think its been posted more than once before this

Yea, it even has a separate topic

6 Likes

Not Bionicle, but the latest modular building has an abstract painting of McDonald’s Nick Bluetooth:

galidora the explora|nullxnull

24 Likes

oh my gosh

the audacity of these designers

7 Likes

yes

but it’s actually really cool

3 Likes

it’s the coolest form of audacity

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even say it’s audacity, It’s that cool.

1 Like

Isn’t audacity the audio recording program TTV used to use?

5 Likes

the abstract painting looks better than the set

4 Likes

oh.

I thought by “audacity” you were referring to the fact that it looks like two people making out.

9 Likes

why did you have to do that

now I can’t unsee it

10 Likes

solar why did you have to put that idea into my head

7 Likes

but then why are they in the same shirt

1 Like

They are siamese twins.

3 Likes

Found a possible one: in Agents of Sheild season 5, a character says “take a stand; hold the line,” which would probably mean nothing except that the episode is about the force of gravity hurting people. (Later in the same episode, the same character uses gravity to hurt people himself.)

2 Likes