BIONICLE cameos in non-BIONICLE related stuff!

That is a live recording, clearly the classic Spacemen have discovered Spherus Magna and will be bringing us a Bionicle set soon

Am I being selective in my interpretation? Yes

Am I completely right? Yes

Will I hear any counterpoints on the matter? I’m logging out right now

21 Likes

“Earth, come in! come in! Do you copy! We found a giant cylindrical thing on a strange planet and a giant red robot dude with a fire sword is chasing us!!!”

8 Likes

TV Tropes has a comprehensive list of appearances of Bionicle in other media. See below :point_down:

6 Likes

How is this “baiting”?

Are you telling me that this sticker is meant to imply that Lego will be releasing a new Bionicle set in the future, and that Lego is “tricking” us by not actually making a set?

3 Likes

… because then we don’t get the fun of discovering the little mentions and nods they put in their sets

6 Likes

Well since the nods are all about 01 anyway its not much of a loss and it spares the wallet too.

Lol no, they didn’t make a set so they could put a sticker in this set. Which shouldn’t even exist in the first place because the vote it was made from was meant to result in one set only.

LEGO baited us with the opportunity of getting a new Bionicle set then doubled down by changing the rules just before release by releasing sets of more than one finalist and percedeed to leave Bionicle in the dust. Then they tried to put a band aid on it by making a lousy sticker.

EDIT 1

I’m sorry for being mad about this but I personally see no bright side in this. Take that how you will, I just don’t want to care anymore

1 Like

I missed that? What?

7 Likes

man that price hike of one sticker is the bane of lego’s sales

and I like seeing BIONICLE The Game in the hidden side school bus, and galidor modern art in architecture sets. it’s fun to see different themes snuck in like that and I really hope they keep doing it. I don’t accuse LEGO corporate folks of giving bionicle fans the short end of the stick with a ‘lousy sticker’ but instead am happy that, while LEGO the corporation and directors continues to make decisions I don’t agree with, the set designers still go out of their way to give us something.

That’s got to represent an actual love of Bionicle and not a greed for it. Those designers deserve a raise.

14 Likes

I meant no shade on the designers or to say they don’t care, I’m being honest. Its corporate LEGO I’m mad with and how they decide to handle things so poorly.

3 Likes

As a massive classic space fan and a bionicle fan…my life is now complete, this is the cross over I did not know I needed so badly.

Definitely going to replicate such a scene in my display.

8 Likes

Why do Bionicle fans hate Easter eggs of their own theme so much?

14 Likes

I think they’re awesome, personally.

6 Likes

The caption for the third image
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scorponok_(BW)

5 Likes

Glad I pre ordered this set now.

2 Likes

Bob Thompson worked on this film
(His name is in the credits)

9 Likes

“The Legend of Hank” is the greatest title in the history of cinema.

3 Likes

11 Likes

at the Leicester square lego shop Tahu’s armour appears as an IRL easter egg.

24 Likes

want

need

8 Likes

that’s awesome

4 Likes