BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 (art) by Everox

Since Helryx was the first toa ever made, it would make sense to me that she would have more exposed organic tissue than most Toa.

illustration edits
  • Added shield and battle damage
  • Polished background
  • Added glow to mace

The Great Mask of Psychometry was most likely made around the time the Mask of Life was, and the 2001 aesthetic is alive and well in the MOC, so I tried to work in a little bit of both. I’m happy that the mask ended up falling into 2006-2007 vibes.

Mask changes
  • Changed symbol to the spherus magnan crest
  • Outer braces changed to pistons
  • Polishing background and typography

EDIT: I wanted to put ancient symbols on the mask that would be unknown to MU inhabitants, similar to how the Ignika sports the symbol of the GSR.Glatorian symbolism immediately came to mind, which there are very few examples of, and no separate alphabet. The symbol of water on Spherus Magna is just a water drop… which would just look like a cartoony sweat drop on her mask if I used it, so I opted to use the three pronged symbol used in all the bara magnan tribes.

If you want to see more Bionicle art, check out my instagram: Evanetics

Good luck to all!

40 Likes

I really really love this mask design!

2 Likes

What is the text on the mask?

The symbols on the mask include a symbol used often on Spherus Magna by the Glatorian and Great Beings (it’s never really said what it means), the glatorian symbol for spherus magna translated into a nuva-cube like design, and the letter 1, her build number

2 Likes

(Figures out I can zoom in)

Ah, I see. That’s the okoto alphabet, though; doesn’t make much sense to have that when there’s already a matoran alphabet.

1 Like

The matoran alphabet is equivalent to english in G1, it’s hardly an ancient and unknown glyph, which is what I was going for. Symbolism that would be unknown to MU inhabitants would likely involve glatorian symbols, which there are very few examples of. The symbol of water on Spherus Magna is just a water drop… which would just look like a cartoony sweat drop on her mask if I used it, so I opted to use okotan.

1 Like

Even though the art itself is good but not the very best, the mask design is simple and i think it fits the soon-to-be-canon moc very well.

Best of luck!

1 Like

thanks!