BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 (Art) dinx

My entry for the contest.

If you like this work, check out my twitter: Fusilli18

64 Likes

Looks really good. Nice drawing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really nice picture, cool stylization, but I miss Bionicle texture: pistons, gears etc.

4 Likes

The mask design is by far my favourite out of all that were submitted, and I love the overall stylization. Just like Mister N’s submission, it reminds me of Toby Dutkiewicz’s illustrations from BIONICLE: World, as well as a little bit of 2015 online animations, which I find strangely fitting. Also, the Nuva symbol of water on the mace is a really nice touch :ok_hand:

8 Likes

Dang, people just keep making ones I want to vote for, this contest is getting really close! I love the style of your drawing, and the mask looks beautiful, very original and cool. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Love this. I think you managed to pull off a feminine look that a lot of other masks didn’t.

2 Likes

Aw man, I want to vote for this one :ok_hand:

1 Like

The intersections on that Kanohi are fascinating; I could look at them forever. This is also probably the only mask that I’ve seen from the top-down and still thought looked good, so hats off to you. I like the stylization you’ve gone for, and the weathering on her weapons and armor is on point.

2 Likes

Love it! Great dynamic pose, awesome background and lighting. I like that it’s stylised but recognisable, but also that mask would look cool on the real model. It reminds me a little of a bat. My only critique is that she looks a little younger.

2 Likes

That’s a very cool mask design, and you’ve made the mace and shield feel nice and beefy. I also like that you haven’t shyed away from making her look female.

1 Like

Feminine look, battle damage, epic Toa feel… The only thing I don’t like is the mask. It isn’t bad, I just don’t care for it. But I’d vote for this entry, because it checks all the other boxes for me.

1 Like

I really like the animated style of this piece! It looks ready to jump out of the screen. The flat surfaces make the design pop, and also simplifies it in such a way that I think will satisfy a wider audience than the original MOC does. It’s still clearly based on the build, but I like how it goes off in its own direction and doesn’t seem beholden to it. It adds a dose of both femininity and vigor to the design, and I think it goes a long way. Kudos!

3 Likes

Looks phenomenal, great work. I am looking forward to making a moc of this for display Live

2 Likes

It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again: the posing here is fantastic, and the stylized look dramatically improves the source material! The Nuva symbol on the mace is a nice touch.

1 Like

I could see this as an official artwork, you did a pretty good job on this one

1 Like

just found this, really like it.

It would be sick to see this printed

1 Like