BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 (Art) - Pakari Submission

Hello everyone on the Boards!

No, I am not submitting a Pakari.

Took me a while to get this finished because I was having a really hard time getting something I really liked. In the end, I settled with this version. It might not be the most accurate or the most well-made, but it’s a Helryx that makes me happy, and this was ultimately a really fun endeavor!

Here is my Helryx piece!

An alternate version without the weapons.

Front, Side, and Top views of my Mask of Psychometry.

For your viewing pleasure, here’s an entire page of the sketches I did that ultimately led to the final concept! The final mask design was sort of an extrapolation of the Mata masks, the Ignika, and the Avohkii, and aimed to have an upward flow and forehead projections to signify its psychic abilities.

Big props to @frame_zer0 and his submission that heavily inspired mine, and to everyone else for theirs!

Do please let me know what you think in the comments! I don’t have any delusions I will win, but I do want to know if this version of the character and the mask resonates with anyone! Thanks!

Cookie: :cookie:

As always,
Comment and Discuss!

35 Likes

This is clean!

2 Likes

neato. Very clean.

2 Likes

The artstyle and proportions reminds me of The Incredibles somehow. I dig it!

3 Likes

In the end, that’s all I think matters.

This is a fantastic depiction, the mask reminds me of the Kaukau so I think it’s rather fitting for a toa of water. The inclusion of the sketch sheet also makes me happy, such a neat little detail to add.
Kinda reminds me of BreakerOfSocket’s stuff, which is cool

2 Likes

Nice work!

Same here!

2 Likes

Hey, that was actually the first thing, I thought about when I saw the drawing :smile:
It’s a good sign nonetheless

3 Likes

this has transformers animated vibes

and thats a good thing

4 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who thought that.

2 Likes

The right arm is bent at a very unnatural-looking angle.
I like the mask, though.

1 Like

These were the final results from the poll my entry was included in!

I want to give a massive thanks to everyone who voted for my entry (especially all of you who voted it as your #1, you mad-lads)!

Again, serious thanks to everyone who enjoyed my entry! Very excited to see the winner of this contest and future entries!

1 Like

Nice job! Dynamic posing, nice background. I’d say she looks a little better without her shield somehow. Also, how’d you get the results to show? :0

1 Like

I actually agree. :eyes:

Magic.

Kidding, the poll results were released once the first round of voting ended. I just yoinked my entry’s.

Thanks!