BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 (Art)

I disagree. Looking at this art contest, each depiction has a Kanohi unique to it, and created to suit only that depiction. Throwing in a different style of mask will most often ruin the depiction.

Furthermore, even if the goal is to make a Kanohi that fits with the winning depiction, it may still clash with the armor. Look at @Risebell ‘s and @Mister-N ‘s entries. The mask is a part of the armor, in a way. A different mask would not work as well.

3 Likes

here is my take for Toa Helryx with the moc in mind (the mask was made by me but i added in some extra details to help with her looking frail)

6 Likes

Best drawing ever 100/10

5 Likes

Very well presented. I’m still not sure I agree with merging the two contests, but you’ve provided some very good points that have definitely made me question my position.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all to have some sort of separate, ongoing poll to allow other artists who don’t win these contests to provide their own interpretation of the winning art. Take, for example, the Certavus page on BS01, which contains multiple forms of art, all interpreted from the winning MOC.

It might be better, in that case, for the admins of BS01 to consider opening up a thread for art submissions throughout the community, for the purpose of beefing up the galleries of characters that have only a few images. It could be a nice way to have some sort of ongoing contribution based off of the winning contestants.

12 Likes

Hello
Here’s my entry for the contest,

Hope people like my interpretation!

11 Likes

My submission for the art contest
good luck everyone!

9 Likes

Well… four days have passed…
Here’s my entry for the competition…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Hello, here is a link to my Helryx contest entry

4 Likes

Let’s try Bionicle Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 - by frame_zer0

8 Likes

Well im certainly not the greatest artist around here but trying wont hurt: BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 - The First, Part 2 - by Invader_Naj

4 Likes

Here is my entry! BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 (Art)

4 Likes

good luck to all

11 Likes

Am I doing this right?
https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/bionicle-canon-contest-1-the-first-part-2-art-godfyr9634/54750

3 Likes

Hi,

Here is the link to my entry: BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 - By Lhikan-Toa-Of-Fire

Lhikan-Toa-Of-Fire

3 Likes

(BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 - The First, part 2 - by ninseth)

I’m not sure if I submitted this correctly so please correct me if i didn’t

4 Likes

Here is my submission

5 Likes

26 Likes
3 Likes