The First, Part 2: Helryx Art Contest Submission by Luhan

Hello everyone,

So I decided to have a go at drawing Helryx and designing a possible mask for her.

For the mask I decide to go with the design which is simple but still matches the armour that Moc uses. I also threw in some early 2001 mask shaping.

I hope you guys like it!

Update:
A small visual fix to the main image’s backgound and tweak to the lighting to see the details better.

62 Likes

Masterful. Every detail looks perfect. The rain reminds me of classic bionicle, the mask is original and looks like a bionicle. No awkward hunch. I love it.

6 Likes

The mask design and accuracy in portraying the lego pieces are great, but human proportions kinda clash with the stylistics.

4 Likes

looking really good, great work of art!

2 Likes

Love it.

3 Likes

doesn’t seem like an issue to me, it does give her a skinnier look, though arguably ‘frail’ and ‘skinny’ aren’t identical.

2 Likes

I love the proportions of this, definitely helps with the warrior motif. Also that mask looks perfect on her, great work

1 Like

Magnificent mask, graceful posture. Your decision to accurately shape her shoulder armor where others removed the face design is an interesting one. This is a great piece, and it seems like the competition is going to be really close this time.

@AlexanderTG Okay, the proportions are obviously not like the Inika, but human? I’m not sure. I almost see more in common with the Metru or Mata.

1 Like

I like the mask design, and the changes you’ve made to her posture. Not sure about directly keeping the Mata heads on the shoulders, but other than that I love what you’ve done with her.

2 Likes

Not 100%, of course, but she definitely resembles a human more than your average Bionicle character.

1 Like

This is really good. The mask is wonderful, fits the aesthetic, and she doesn’t have that weird turaga hunchback! Good work!

1 Like

I really love the proportions to this rendition, makes me wish I pushed my entry this far. And the mask! It has a very knightly, yet almost Inika feel to it imo, probably one of my favorite original mask designs I’ve seen. The pose and composition is great too, really nothing to complain about here. If my entry doesn’t make it to the end, as of now I’d definitely say this one has my vote.

3 Likes

I’m just coming back here because I saw your Hagah entry and wanted to brush up on your other art, and I have to say I forgot how much I liked this entry!

1 Like