BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 (Art)

Here’s my entry for the Toa Helryx Art Contest. Since the Great Beings created Toa Helryx and the Kanohi Ignika I tried to create a kanohi that looked like it may have been created by the same person/team, by using a some of the same features like the horizontal ridges on the sides, the central shape at the center of the forehead and the 3 fins on the top of the mask. I also wanted to give it sharp, fin-like shapes to aid in cutting through the water for speed since it was created for a Toa of water.

As for Helryx herself, I made sure to include the years of damage accumulated on her armor and weapons, as well as the thin “frail” build of the model while still keeping her as an imposing figure.

Thanks!

53 Likes

really love the mask design

5 Likes

Love the parallels with the Ignika! It actually gives some significance to the design beyond just “it looks cool”, and it turned out very well!

2 Likes

Thanks!

@BrickfilmNut Thanks! When I noticed both masks were made by the Great Beings I thought it would be a nice way to connect them!

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

I like the mask concept. And the art itself, of course :wink:

2 Likes

This is the type of art I’d like to see for Helryx. It captures the feeling of a Toa, while looking like it could be a page out of a comic. Easily one of my favorites.

1 Like

I really like your take on Helryx. Even the Mask looks awesome!

@Racie02 I agree!

@BrickfilmNut The overall look and the mask design made me appreciate Helryx even more.

EDITED FOR TRIPLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

1 Like

The Ignika inspiration came out of left field, but when you explain it, that does make sense. Love the weathering you’ve added to her armor and how you’ve reinterpreted her arms.

1 Like

Very well done! It’s a shame yours didn’t go on. I had similar ideas about the mask design, (although yours emulates the Ignika better!) Nice lighting, and the background is bomb!

2 Likes