BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 - The First, part 2 - by ninseth

Here’s my entry, I drew it in my own style which might be too simple for some I suppose, I also didn’t like the hunchback of the moc so I changed that :slight_smile:

15 Likes

That’s a pretty cool stylization. Unlike most of the entries, this one moves away from being an obvious translation of Technic pieces and instead tries to depict a biomechanical construct. The Kanohi seems to take some direct inspiration from both traditional masks (the side vents in particular) and a more manga-esque samurai style with the visor and crest. Pretty cool synthesis.

1 Like

Thank you! I tried to go for a sort of royal look with the crown/ horn design on the head, and I tried to keep the same shapes for the body but make it feel more like a solid torso rather than the foot which the moc uses while also still making it obvious that it has mechanical parts exposed :slight_smile:

1 Like

The lower right leg is facing forward, but the leg is sideways, making it look like her leg is broken.

Yeah, I had trouble getting the legs right, I was hoping no one would notice :slight_smile: