BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 - The First, Part 2 - by Prog Ares

Here’s my submission to the Helryx canon contest part , wanted to stay as true as possible to the original moc design in this art piece

Here’s the mask I designed as well, it’s what I would’ve imagined a mask that went with the winning moc design would look like

Hope you guys like my art work and mask design! I’ve seen some great submissions so far!
good luck everyone!

78 Likes

Oh, wow!

You did a really good job painting this! The mask itself is also super awesome! Really nice job!

3 Likes

thank you!

4 Likes

I really like this one, especially that mask!

1 Like

Good lord, they just keep coming! This one is gorgeous. The way you’ve integrated the hoses into her Kanohi looks great, too. I think you definitely pulled off a mask that keeps faithful to the original design.

5 Likes

I really like the mask. It makes him look like a toa even if he is hunchback like turaga. Really great job man.

1 Like

Finally, one I can vote for! This is beautiful AND the mask looks great!

3 Likes

I’m not actually as big a fan of the mask design as some people here, but that artwork is stunning none the less. Love your style!

2 Likes

Is that mask based on the second permutation of the Vladek visor?

1 Like

I didn’t base it off the Vladek visor but now that I’m looking at it I can see the similarities, maybe I could use a painted Vladek visor as a mask if I decide to build my own Helryx.

1 Like

W O W. Your painting seems so alive! Great depth of field and texturing. I haven’t seen a style quite like this before. Great job!

1 Like

Other people have tried to make the mask reminiscent of the roboraider head. You are the only one who pulled it off!
This Helryx looks like she means business. My new second favorite!

1 Like

Awesome artwork! I love the mask design, and the art style is just cool in general. Best of luck in the contest!

2 Likes

I love this mask. Somehow you’ve evoked the robo-rider head along with a kind of elderly look IMO and I love it. Hoping you’ll win.

1 Like

Excellent job! I like the mask, the colors, and the resemblance with the moc.

1 Like

The mask looks more fitting for a Makuta than a Toa tbh

I feel like even if that’s unintentional, thats a plus. Y’know, with the whole “she was not Makuta…” line

1 Like

The “she was not Makuta” line is taken out of context. In the book Takanuva got attacked by a Shadow Leech and lost consciousness, then immediately after waking up he was approached by an unknown figure, who he thought was Makuta coming for revenge, before actually seeing that it was Helryx. He mistook her for a Makuta because he got attacked by a Makuta earlier, not because she looked like one.

2 Likes

Maaaan! It’s amazing!

1 Like