(Bionicle Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker) Artahka Contemplates

Kia Ora (Hello) everyone,
Here’s my submission. It’s the best I could do under my time restraints.

Wanted to reincorporate my Māori culture back into the franchise, using a combination of Whakairo, Mau Rakau & Ta Moko. Particularly with the mask, combining KhingK’s mask & “Wheku” designs.

Imgur

In any case, hope you’s enjoy what I was able to make.

Chur

37 Likes

I felt like this was necessary

great job btw

14 Likes

Aaaaaayyyy! Wicked cool bro! Getting some grooves mojo from them colors heheh, thanks heaps.

1 Like

hold up why is he so hot :flushed: :heart_eyes: :gregf:

not sure if I’m a big fan of the tongue in the mask but I’m too distracted by trying to find his left hand

2 Likes

Heheh, yeah some separation lines would do the trick. I’m gonna keep refining this piece outside the contest, but for now the Rauru (swirl pattern) near his waist section is the top of his hand.

Also, my intention wasn’t to make him a hunk but I won’t stop ya from thinking otherwise XD

I like how ye redrew the shoulderpads to look like modified lhikan haus

3 Likes

I live in Nz too so I like the design choice being inspired by marae/whare carvings etc but as others have said the posing kinda makes him look…hot?
Good luck anyways!

2 Likes

Thanks bro, happy you noticed the detail heh

@Axelford Aaay chur bro, yeeh so I’m being told hah. The pose is actually in reference to a stance used in Mau Rākau (one of the other ways of incorporating the culture into the franchise).

Appreciate it!

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes