BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker

You can’t just not support the contest anymore because you didn’t like the winner. That is far and away the worst reason I have ever heard for wanting to stop the contests.

If you didn’t like the controversy that was generated, that is fair, but I think you need to give it a few more contests to see what happens.

But I interpreted your comment to mean that you supported the contests, but now want to stop them because you didn’t like the winner for Helryx. Am I correct?

2 Likes

But I interpreted your comment to mean that you supported the contests, but now want to stop them because you didn’t like the winner for Helryx. Am I correct?

I voted against the contests originally.

“Giving it a few more contests to see how it goes” would be fine if the results of those contests weren’t permanent.

1 Like

Fair enough then.

My entry is here!

Solaris_Magnus send me here, so, thanks man!

3 Likes

One issue I have now that while contesters are required to give a minimum of three photos, three photos are not actually enough to tell anyone how to recreate the moc. I think the minimum of breakdown photos should be higher due to the builds being more complex.

1 Like

My entry

1 Like

I thought the breakdown photos were for the staff so they could determine whether or not the build breaks the rules. I don’t think the participant are required to provide how-to’s for their mocs, that’s not what these contests are about, and never have been - it took years for fans to recreate the Melding Teridax, for example.

1 Like

Good point. The number of breakdown photos should be appropriate to the amount of pieces.

2 Likes

Last time, people complained that our minimum was 3.

We’re not changing it. The rule is not there for re-creators, it’s there to make sure people aren’t hiding 3D printed pieces.

4 Likes

I’d go with the resin mask. It’ll probably increase the likelihood of it doing well in the artwork contest.

Got my post right here:

2 Likes

You know, despite everything, all the ups and downs, this contest has really taught me something.

That I absolutely suck at taking moc photos.

I got two lamps on my guy and the photos are either too dark, too bright, or somehow both. Ha.

3 Likes

The light is probably too harsh bare. Look up diffuse light, you can make simple stands with waxpaper or fabric and position them in front of your lamps to make the light softer and more even.

2 Likes

you can look up some basic three point lighting techniques and some simple ways to diffuse your lighting systems. I suck at it but when I find motivation to set everything up I usually get good results.

1 Like

I think the problem is I’m using two different types of lamp and one is far brighter than the other. The setup is very slapdash, using what lighting sources I already have. Trying to fix it digitally.

how do i vote for a moc.

The voting period hasn’t started yet. Right now is the submission period. When that’s over, a poll will be put up.

2 Likes

You will however need to meet these requirements to be able to vote once the polls go up:

The details of the voting system will be explained with the polls as usualy, I’d assume.

3 Likes

Could the guidelines maybe clarify that the hammer Artakha was seen using was from his forge, and not designed as a weapon/warhammer?

3 Likes

Artakha did use a warhammer in his forge though, for whatever reason. It would be nice if it was brought up but I don’t really see the issue.

2 Likes